What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A cased Gillette Contour Elite - twin blade, swivel cart :eek: I draw the line at anything more than 2 blades. I think @Darkbulb may have one :D

One thing that I dislike about that era w/in cartridge razors is the, to me, very confusing naming conventions used across Gillette, Schick, Wilkinson, etc. I swear they intended to confuse people.

I have a Atra Elite which to my ignorant eyes looks exactly like the Contour Elite.

See photo by @Sabre below:
IXMK4wC.jpg

It's a really, really neat handle and NOS/NIB these can cost you quite a few pennies.

One thing that I dislike about that era w/in cartridge razors is the, to me, very confusing naming conventions used across Gillette, Schick, Wilkinson, etc. I swear they intended to confuse people.

I have a Atra Elite which to my ignorant eyes looks exactly like the Contour Elite.

IXMK4wC.jpg

It's a really, really neat handle and NOS/NIB these can cost you quite a few pennies.
There was So much Cloning of other Companies Cartridge Systems at this Time & that's Why they Look so much the Same..The Cloning was Endemic & Happening at Lighting Speed..:)

Billy

IXMK4wC.jpg

As I understand it, the model name Contour was used for the European market, whilst Atra was used for the U.S. (and Asian?) market - just the same really!

Gillette couldn't use the Contour name as there was already an ASR Single Edge razor called the Contour in North America.
However, that doesn't explain why Schick called the Ultrex the Pivot in Western Europe or that Wilkinson Sword called the Profile the Pivot in Australia...

244uqdg.jpg

j95dmBb.jpg

Last edited:
NIB Merkur MII in gold

2) NIB Merkur MII in gold, w/ a small travel brush - Pure badger, Col Ichabod Conk, made in England. With travel tube.

3) NIB Merkur MII in gold, w/ a pure badger brush, stamped "Made in England"
2e3omtg.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I liberated these razors and brushes from a home that didn't want them.

Everything below for a total, princely sum of about $15

1) NIB Merkur MII in gold w/ a brush described as "Bristle hair in natural stag horn handle. Made in the UK"
mjvldz.jpg

2) NIB Merkur MII in gold, w/ a small travel brush - Pure badger, Col Ichabod Conk, made in England. With travel tube.
spcbxy.jpg

3) NIB Merkur MII in gold, w/ a pure badger brush, stamped "Made in England"
2e3omtg.jpg

So you have three extra Merkur MII's to add to your existing 2 or 3? :cool:

[QUOTE="Sabre, post: 523638, member: 20"
[/QUOTE]

So you have three extra Merkur MII's to add to your existing 2 or 3? :cool:[/QUOTE]

DB is a big believer in back ups.

You don't really see the Schick DE twin blades that often but for some strange reason they are currently all over eBay.
I didn't want to get a large quantity of them as I've never tried them before so ended up spending $4 on this small pack.

Since the Schick injector twinblades is hands down my favorite injector blade...I'm curious to see what they could do with the traditional DE blade :)

2iw0own.jpg

Also decided it was a wise thing to spend $6 on these three cartridge handles.
I believe the two silvery ones are both Sensor ones - but the one I was really after is the Schick Slim Twin.
A surprisingly hard razor to get hold of and when they come up they are often NIB and about $30-50.
140yov6.jpg

You don't really see the Schick DE twin blades that often but for some strange reason they are currently all over eBay.
I didn't want to get a large quantity of them as I've never tried them before so ended up spending $4 on this small pack.

Since the Schick injector twinblades is hands down my favorite injector blade...I'm curious to see what they could do with the traditional DE blade :)

2iw0own.jpg

Also decided it was a wise thing to spend $6 on these three cartridge handles.
I believe the two silvery ones are both Sensor ones - but the one I was really after is the Schick Slim Twin.
A surprisingly hard razor to get hold of and when they come up they are often NIB and about $30-50.
140yov6.jpg
Get the Schick Plats if you can find them..;)

Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom