What are you listening to?

Nice one Jimmy. I have that on vinyl. Love a bit of Kraftwerk. Saw them 'live' at Oxford New Theatre a few years back. Great.

The scare quotes are only because, well, how 'live' can a performance be, when they are 4 blokes standing as still as possible pressing buttons on keyboards and pretending to be robots?! The opposite of what makes a live gig live, zero interaction, but that's the craic with them isn't it, would be weird if they were all jumping about and shouting "Hello Oxford!" Still, was a cracking night.

how 'live' can a performance be, when they are 4 blokes standing as still as possible pressing buttons on keyboards and pretending to be robots?!
Yeah - a mate of mine saw them and to this day he still doesn't know whether it was actually them - Florian et al. As you say - that was their shtick. Bottom line? - no Kraftwerk, no modern dance music. Astonishingly influential. - I.

True. The grandfathers of EDM. It did cross my mind that the blokes on the stage could literally have been anyone, as even their faces were covered by the weird skin tight grey body suit thing with grid lines on that they all wore. And all they actually had to do is press some buttons every so often. Literally could have been 4 understudies and nobody would have been any the wiser. But the sound and video was bang on, was literally like going back in time. I've still got the 3D glasses they gave out as you went in as a souvenir.
16574807687281301591313152935501.jpg

Nice one Jimmy. I have that on vinyl. Love a bit of Kraftwerk. Saw them 'live' at Oxford New Theatre a few years back. Great.

The scare quotes are only because, well, how 'live' can a performance be, when they are 4 blokes standing as still as possible pressing buttons on keyboards and pretending to be robots?! The opposite of what makes a live gig live, zero interaction, but that's the craic with them isn't it, would be weird if they were all jumping about and shouting "Hello Oxford!" Still, was a cracking night.
Had to listen to them after watching synth britannia last night, I have it on the pc but I ''borrowed" the vinyl album about 10 years ago from a friend. He was not keen on it so a win for me. :)(y)

Back
Top Bottom