What are you listening to?

Ah @Jester I have been a Small Faces fan since discovering them in the mid 80s. (You might recognise my avatar). Tin Soldier is right up there. Well done for celebrating his birthday. He died on my birthday, which is unfortunately now the factoid I tend to remember.
Fortunately I happen to live local to the most excellent cover band The Small Fakers, who are as close as I think you'll get to the real deal. Great bunch of guys, especially Matt and Dan who I've had beers with. Saw them live at the SF convention the day before the first Lockdown. That was one hell of a good gig, everyone thought it was the apocalypse and probably the last live event of civilisation so we damn well made the best of it in an otherwise deserted London. They're back touring again now.

Ah @Jester I have been a Small Faces fan since discovering them in the mid 80s. (You might recognise my avatar). Tin Soldier is right up there. Well done for celebrating his birthday. He died on my birthday, which is unfortunately now the factoid I tend to remember.
Fortunately I happen to live local to the most excellent cover band The Small Fakers, who are as close as I think you'll get to the real deal. Great bunch of guys, especially Matt and Dan who I've had beers with. Saw them live at the SF convention the day before the first Lockdown. That was one hell of a good gig, everyone thought it was the apocalypse and probably the last live event of civilisation so we damn well made the best of it in an otherwise deserted London. They're back touring again now.
@hotmetal I do indeed recoginse your avatar! For me, Steve Marriott is one of the most underrated vocalists and performers of the era. I love the story regarding his audition to replace Mick Taylor in the Rolling Stones, where Keef was convinced he was the best man for the job, but Mick Jagger vetoed his appointment as he was worried he'd be upstaged and lose his frontman position:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom