What are you listening to?

More up to date - the Beta Band were pretty much as good as it got for me - then they split up - I know - I was there with my partner at the Corn Exchange in Edinburgh on the evening of Tuesday the 24th of August 2004. All ready and poised - enough 'sweeties' in my pocket to start a civil war - or at least attract a hefty fine. All manner of wondrous things. The previous night they did a gig in London - which thankfully was recorded for posterity but they never appeared on stage in Edinburgh - or ever again. That was it. Individually they have continued working and producing music - most notably Steve Mason - but for me - the best off-shoot were the Aliens. The album 'Astronomy for Dogs' has only recently become available on Spotify. Great stuff. The video has all the charm of the Monkees. If you like this sort of thing - enjoy - I.

More up to date - the Beta Band were pretty much as good as it got for me - then they split up - I know - I was there with my partner at the Corn Exchange in Edinburgh on the evening of Tuesday the 24th of August 2004. All ready and poised - enough 'sweeties' in my pocket to start a civil war - or at least attract a hefty fine. All manner of wondrous things. The previous night they did a gig in London - which thankfully was recorded for posterity but they never appeared on stage in Edinburgh - or ever again. That was it. Individually they have continued working and producing music - most notably Steve Mason - but for me - the best off-shoot were the Aliens. The album 'Astronomy for Dogs' has only recently become available on Spotify. Great stuff. The video has all the charm of the Monkees. If you like this sort of thing - enjoy - I.
@Digimonkey , agreed - Beta Band were a slice of pure class. In fact She's The One For Me was on the list for the first dance at my wedding (then i remembered it's over 8 minutes long :oops: ) And Aliens certainly took up the mantle. That's my firepit-accompanying music sorted for tomorrow night then, 'cos tonight's looking to be at best smirr, and more likely plowetery ;)

@Digimonkey , agreed - Beta Band were a slice of pure class. In fact She's The One For Me was on the list for the first dance at my wedding (then i remembered it's over 8 minutes long :oops: ) And Aliens certainly took up the mantle. That's my firepit-accompanying music sorted for tomorrow night then, 'cos tonight's looking to be at best smirr, and more likely plowetery ;)
I notice that you can now get 'Luna' as well - wasn't on Spotify for years - probably some legal wrangling - the Beta Band and all their off-shoots were nothing if not difficult with their record companies. In my opinion 'Luna' is the Aliens' finest work. My kitchen is rattling - no worries - I don't have upstairs neighbours - and there is no one home downstairs. May I suggest it for the fire-pit manana? :) - I.

I found this astonishing - I knew him from his appearances in comedy shows - this is much better - virtuoso - he sort of plays the piano like Elton John? Careful with the eye-liner mate? :) - see what you think. I.

Back
Top Bottom