What are you listening to?

Just listening to this - mono version - quoting the Mighty Boosh - 'What would Mick Jagger do?' - 'Oh - probably something like this.....'

'I was born in a cross-fire hurricane
And I howled at the morning driving rain
But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas
But it's all right. I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash
It's a gas, gas, gas
I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag,
I was schooled with a strap right across my back
But it's all right, I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash
It's a gas, gas, gas
I was drowned, I was washed up and left for dead
I fell down to my feet and I saw they bled , yeah yeah
I frowned at the crumbs of a crust of bread
Yeah, yeah, yeah
I was crowned with a spike right through my head
But it's all right, I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash
It's a gas, gas, gas
Jumping Jack Flash, its a gas
Jumping Jack Flash, its a gas'

Excellent. - I.

This morning - it is morning - Kraftwerk - quite loud - my neighbours remain very cool - go gently Florian Schneider - he died last week- this music is still as Teutonic as it always was - in some ways - it seems ponderous by modern standards - its easy to forget how influential the band were in their time and place - no Kraftwerk - no dance music. Somebody else would have invented the genre - but they did it first. Bang on. I.

This morning - it is morning - Kraftwerk - quite loud - my neighbours remain very cool - go gently Florian Schneider - he died last week- this music is still as Teutonic as it always was - in some ways - it seems ponderous by modern standards - its easy to forget how influential the band were in their time and place - no Kraftwerk - no dance music. Somebody else would have invented the genre - but they did it first. Bang on. I.
Incredibly influential - Rest in Peace Florian

Autoban. Still my favourite Kraftwerk track, you can hear the sounds in it that influenced loads of bands.
In fact going to give it a listen the now. Full version obviously.

Back
Top Bottom