What are you eating tonight?

Skirt sliders...a very tasty underused cut

]

Oooh, skirt steaks can be real tasty or not so hot. Ideally, one inch thick pieces can just be broiled or even pan fried and will be tender and juicy. I don't know of any other cut with as rich a flavor. It also lends itself to a nice marinade like Soy Vey Teriyaki.

In Chicago it's usually an expensive item and can be right up there with T Bone and NY Strip steaks. There's two skirt steak options with the 'inner' one being more tender and costs about 50% than the 'outer' cut.....wherever the hell that is.

No idea what type it was but it had great marbling so was tasty enough with a basic dry rub and cooked fairly rare. Unusual to find this cut in a supermarket as most UK folks really don't know what else to do with a piece of flesh if it can't be roasted or braised.

Last edited:

In the USA Popeyes has taken over as the fried chicken champ, FWIW. KFC has gone to Hell in a hand basket and are desperately infusing millions trying to save it. The last few times I ate at a KFC the service was lousy & the chicken cold & dry. As well, you could re-grout your bathroom with their potatoes & gravy!!

https://popeyes.com/

I'll try it if they open up in UK