What are you drinking tonight.

you can buy things called whisky stones.
they are predominantly made of granite or some sort of metal, small cubes you put in the freezer but done dilute your amber nectar
really worth a try
I have seen them and they get mixed reviews. That is why I haven't splurged on some. Plus, some of the Amber nectar needs a splash of water to bring out the complexity...

I have seen them and they get mixed reviews. That is why I haven't splurged on some. Plus, some of the Amber nectar needs a splash of water to bring out the complexity...
very true but i find my saliva is all it needs lol

i was always told the man that makes whisky knows how much water to put in lol
but (that's) why we're all different

Got to my mid 40's without having tried JD & Coke. So, having picked up a miniature from the local shop - gave it a bash.

Mmm, not sure its for me. Sweet & spicy? I usually prefer Irish whiskey, so may be I'm not a bourbon person :rolleyes:

A while back, I saw some science about these vs a humongous lump of ice, and ice won. This isn't the same article, but it sort of explains it:

The Cardhu is so smooth, it doesn't need chillng, but if I was to be drinking something like Glenfarclas 105 or a standard blend like grouse, or even an Islay, I think I'd stick a small moon (That's no moon...) of ice to cool the burn or to help release some of the complexity.

Last edited:
A while back, I saw some science about these vs a humongous lump of ice, and ice won. This isn't the same article, but it sort of explains it:

The Cardhu is so smooth, it doesn't need chillng, but if I was to be drinking something like Glenfarclas 105 or a standard blend like grouse, or even an Islay, I think I'd stick a small moon (That's no moon...) of ice to cool the burn or to help release some of the complexity.
definitely
(that's) the beauty of whisky we can all drink it the way we like and to hell with the snobbery.
everyone to their own but i do like to wind people up at times lol.
My wife's friend bought me a Cardhu from a trip she was on with the wife, i didn't fancy it at all but was astonished & delighted on how good it actually was & i know it's non expensive

definitely
(that's) the beauty of whisky we can all drink it the way we like and to hell with the snobbery.
everyone to their own but i do like to wind people up at times lol.
My wife's friend bought me a Cardhu from a trip she was on with the wife, i didn't fancy it at all but was astonished & delighted on how good it actually was & i know it's non expensive

Allegedly it's normal price is 42 quid, which I think is a little bit spendy, but honestly I wouldn't have a clue if (that's) for real or not. I'm lucky that I usually get 2 or 3 bottles of various malts each for my birthday and Christmas so really only buy a couple of bottles myself a year, so don't really have a clue about the whisky market at all.

I do have a clue what I like though, and I like this.

And yes, there's no rules, conformity is the enemy of enjoyment, imagine if we said whisky should only ever be drunk neat, well,in that case the Manhattan or the Old Fashioned would never exist. Or the JD and Coke...;)

Time to hit the port...
View attachment 62679
I have a bottle of 1971 bottled grahams, birth year gift from my dad. I will open it in March, and me n Dad will consume it then.
Any Grahams is a nice port.

A nice chap in iflord asked me to recommend a good port a couple of weeks ago, i said "Dover now fcuk off" the old ones are still the best

Back
Top Bottom