What are you drinking tonight.

After finding no queues outside I popped into a Lidl. Enjoying this now the weather has warmed up, not particularly challenging but nicely balanced and cheap too at 1.19 a bottle. A pale ale session beer so perhaps one for lager drinkers looking for a change.

shop-gold.jpg

Last edited:
Another bottle of 19 Crimes tonight, although this time I've a wee balancing act for you.

2 forks and 2 cocktail sticks .

View attachment 53403

From above

View attachment 53404

Cheers, Fellas
Just saying, i have that same cutley set, i hate it

Tonight i participated in one to many ice cold stella's
And now me n wifey, are into a large sipsmiths G @ T with a slice of lemon.

LovelyScreenshot_20200412-213305_Gallery.jpg

Not a big drinker (at least I wasn't until this week), but a week ago it took me half an hour in Tesco from joining the outside queue to putting the first thing in the trolley, as once inside there was another queue zig-zagging up and down the non-food aisles before they let you loose. Absolute craziness. I was clock watching too as was going straight to work after and had already allowed what I thought would be plenty of time. After that I was so stressed I had to go straight to the booze aisle. I've enjoyed a rum & coke out and about from time to time but for some reason never bought a bottle of the stuff.

On that day I felt compelled to buy some, I went for Kraken as I've had it in Wetherspoons a few times & enjoyed it. There's something really appealing about the bottle, label, etc. So I've had a few rum and cokes with ice this week and it's partway down the label already. Could do with some lime & some more tall glasses really.

So what other rums do you all like? I'm thinking of trying Captain Morgans next but I'd happily buy more Kraken too. I've heard mixed opinions about Bacardi

03FB5396-D8A4-4173-AF32-75F782E913F6.jpeg

Not a big drinker (at least I wasn't until this week), but a week ago it took me half an hour in Tesco from joining the outside queue to putting the first thing in the trolley, as once inside there was another queue zig-zagging up and down the non-food aisles before they let you loose. Absolute craziness. I was clock watching too as was going straight to work after and had already allowed what I thought would be plenty of time. After that I was so stressed I had to go straight to the booze aisle. I've enjoyed a rum & coke out and about from time to time but for some reason never bought a bottle of the stuff.

On that day I felt compelled to buy some, I went for Kraken as I've had it in Wetherspoons a few times & enjoyed it. There's something really appealing about the bottle, label, etc. So I've had a few rum and cokes with ice this week and it's partway down the label already. Could do with some lime & some more tall glasses really.

So what other rums do you all like? I'm thinking of trying Captain Morgans next but I'd happily buy more Kraken too. I've heard mixed opinions about Bacardi

View attachment 53692
Kraken is lovely, lovely stuff. If you really like it, and want to try something similar; stay away from Captain Morgans. It lacks the quality of taste, and isn't that much cheaper. I read an article that it just about qualifies as a rum, as opposed to a liqueur due to its ingredients being sufficient to qualify as rum.

Rumbellion and Dead Man's Fingers are very nice, and will tickle your fancy. The latter is often on offer in supermarkets and will probably be a similar price to the Kraken.

View attachment 53692

ive got to the point now with rum where i cant see past woods navy rum. ive tried a few pricey ones which ive thoroughly enjoyed, zacapa 23 being a standout, and ive got a bottle of havana club 7 year old at the moment which i quite like, but i get woods more than anything, if you can get past the alcohol content its a no brainer, i love the stuff. i bought a bottle of pussers gunpowder proof rum at christmas, which i prefer to woods, but for price and access to it, woods all day long.

ive got to the point now with rum where i cant see past woods navy rum. ive tried a few pricey ones which ive thoroughly enjoyed, zacapa 23 being a standout,

Hi there,

Let me first say you are welcome! Saying that in advance, before my rum suggestion's made and you try it......heh. Having gone through a fairly extensive tasting of the better sipping rums maybe 15 years ago, I have seen some things change in various brands. Might be the location's different or the distillery or whatever.

Anyway, for quite a while now Zaya has been ahead of the 23 year Zacapa. Usta be to me till 8-10 years ago they were about even (both excellent). Not just my current opinion, but certainly only a few guys who did and still do like rum.

Zaya is also a best bang kinda for the buck thing...even now.

Martin

Doftday-20-04-20.jpg

'Lockdown cocktails -

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.”

alas - I have none of the above - tonight I was mostly drinking Whyte and Mackay whisky - sorry - correction - Grouse - lots of ice - diet coke - nicely backlit - have a good night - cheers - I.

Back
Top Bottom