West Coast Shaving - Feather Shavette

I am UK based and looking to buy a Feather Artist Club SS. From what I can see, West Coast Shaving seem to be the cheapest (unless anybody knows of somewhere else).

I would like to know if anybody in the UK has purchased one of these recently from them and if they got caught for VAT and import duty etc.

Many Thanks
Goody54321.

Take a look at the CJB thread http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-18726.html

These razors are getting very good reviews and there's a considerable price difference. A few of the guys on there also bought from West Coast.

Getting caught by HMRC is a bit of a lottery imho.

Last year, over a 6 week period, I bought 5 Fatboys from the States, average price £35. two got caught by HMRC- the rest didn't.

Earlier this year I ordered a Weber from Ed. It arrived in just 4 days with no interest from the nice people
at HMRC.

I think you have just got to take a gamble- some you win, some you lose!

I bought one this week and had it delivered to my hotel here in the USA. Shame you missed my post of a couple of weeks ago when I offered to hand-carry stuff back for TSR members. I think it is too late now to get one shipped from them to me.

I'll make the same offer again next time I come over.

Just a couple of things though. First, if you have an Amex card it is much cheaper to use that on PayPal for US dollar transactions as they give a much better exchange rate than PayPal

Also, if items are of low value and / or a gift then HMRC generally leave you alone. It just needs the customs declaration to be made out accordingly.

David

Tony.T said:
Getting caught by HMRC is a bit of a lottery imho.

Last year, over a 6 week period, I bought 5 Fatboys from the States, average price £35. two got caught by HMRC- the rest didn't.

Earlier this year I ordered a Weber from Ed. It arrived in just 4 days with no interest from the nice people
at HMRC.

I think you have just got to take a gamble- some you win, some you lose!

Agree I got 2 webers and 2 Ikons from the states 1 Weber got caught the other and the Ikons didn't then I got confident and ordered the Feather and that got caught! Lol
There's a few Japanese vendors on eBay selling Feather ACs for £80 with free shipping I've never ordered from them but they have seriously good feedback might have a better chance of sneaking through HMRC checks?

Goody54321 said:
I am UK based and looking to buy a Feather Artist Club SS. From what I can see, West Coast Shaving seem to be the cheapest (unless anybody knows of somewhere else).

I would like to know if anybody in the UK has purchased one of these recently from them and if they got caught for VAT and import duty etc.

Many Thanks
Goody54321.

For me it seems a total lottery - on the same day I had a package from Ikon that was over $300 worth and one which had two cartridge of injector blades that cost about $15. The Ikon package didn't get picked up, the cartridge did. From my perspective the right way round, but just shows it is a total lottery.

Jon

Back
Top Bottom