Wee Scot

Not quite made it to review yet as I don't feel I have used it enough to pass judgment. I will try to do a review later this week, meantime....

I recently got a Wee Scot from Badger and Hone in their special offers on Simpsons for £20, this is a bargaintastic price so I could not help myself and purchased one. I found mine honked like wet dog sitting in stagnant sewer water on first wash, this did not put me off (which shows I would buy a turd as long as Simpsons put their badge on it), I just washed it a few times and the stink is now history but this did surprise me; I have purchased a couple of Simpsons Best brushes and can't recall any of them still smelling so bad at the third wash.

However this little brush is no turd, it is a little powerhouse and I think quite remarkable for the size. It is like one of those completely working miniatures in that it works every bit as good as it's full scale brothers. The Wee Scot lathers very easily from soaps and creams and unlike some of the the 2 band brushes I have bought this one has great flow through right from the get go, the two bands achieve this after some time but not the Wee Scot, it is fighting right out of the box.

Small but mighty, everyone should have one of these!!!. I am considering getting one of the resident brush makes to attach one to a keyring so I never leave home without it :lol:

How many Wee Scot owners are here on TSR? Come on now there is noting to be embarrassed about having a small one, it is how this one performs that matters ;)

Well obviously I did it properly... the funk on mine was gone in one wash - but I did purposely use Omega for that reason :D

It's a "wee stunnah" (I think that's the vogue phrase) - I was skeptical but EB* Blyth Spirit convinced me to shell the dosh, I think the same day he convinced you.

* Enabling Bastard

He did indeed, it was just after you that I ordered.

So Omega got rid of the stink? I have to admit my Proraso was not in the bathroom so thought Tabac would have de-stinked it, on the second wash I used hair shampoo and then resorted to Fairy and the Proraso.

Is the Omega stuff like Proraso ie. mentholy?

mine never arrived honking of anything...just nice

bought as a gift so would never part with it :shave

I also wanted to get a brush at the time but felt in that specific B&H offer all brushes are small to low end of the medium size, so put off the purchase.

If you say it's that good let me have another look...

It is that good in relation to my expectations of it, however it is not going to be my daily brush. More of a novelty purchase, I expected a shelf ornament but it really does work.

Tried Tabac, New Coates cream and face lathering with Moos Stick. Face lathering with a stick more effective than bowl with a brush of this size. Would be a great travel brush if you are looking for cheap and light. Other than that I was just surprised it worked as well as it does.

Doesn't produce magic lather or anything, none the less I can't help liking it.

If it was a Glaswegian wee Scot it would break the class and tumbler you for locking it up :lol: An Edinburgh Wee Scot would write a staunch letter of complaint them let your tyres down in the middle of the night while you weren't looking.

EB? Moi? :eek:

I tend to face lather with my Wee Scot. Nanny's, Tabac, Palmolive in fact any soaps. What a lather beast, it safely holds enough for three passes. I have used it with creams and it is good there too but for some reason I use my 404 Bodger with creams, by default.

It puts lather exactly where you need it and not splashed all over the bathroom and it is also economical with the soap cake. I actually like the smaller size; I hold it like a pencil and for me it is a top performer.

I would safely recommend this to anyone as a very good brush for your rotation.

For £20 it's a real bargain; trust me, I'm an EB! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom