Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Wear one occasionally.

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Wear a watch Daily.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • As above, own more than one watch.

Votes: 50 72.5%

• Total voters
Last night I heard someone say "Could you tell me when it is eight o'cock? - I have forgotten my phone" and this set me a-thinking.
Given that by their presence here the users of this forum are persons of taste, style and discrimination, I thought I might set up a poll to see how many people wear a watch regularly.
The options being -
1) Do not own a watch.
2) Wear one occasionally,
3) own and wear a watch daily.
4) As above and own more than one watch.

Thank you in advance for your input - this should be interesting.

Although I consider myself to have taste, style and discrimination I (personally) can't see how it extends to gaudy-looking, overpriced, oversized trinkets - mainly purchased in the vain hope that someone will say "Oh I just love your watch - it's simply fab u lous, darling! X"

I have one very well-worn G-Shock. It sits there on my wrist, telling me the time.

Job jobbed.

joe mcclaine said:
Although I consider myself to have taste, style and discrimination I (personally) can't see how it extends to gaudy-looking, overpriced, oversized trinkets.

Friend - comrade - brother!- and I thought I was all alone! :icon_biggrin:

Errr... I think it's around 20 at the moment:s

I have a couple that I bought for investment and very rarely get worn.
About 10 in regular rotation.
About 5 are special occasion watches.
Then a couple that I have fell out of love with.

I am training in Horology so I have a perticular interest/passion for watches so the collection will no doubt continue to grow.

I also very rarely sell anything.

Whilst I have a couple of "good" watches that's just because they are the omega I was given on my 60th & the ex MOD Omega I wore for some years at work. For daily use G shock is a winner, although cataracts and deteriorating eyesight may force me onto a Casio analogue at some point.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

I also have about 20 watches most of them being fairly cheap or I admit replicas as there are a couple of watch designs a tag heur monaco for example that I love but know I will never be able to afford the real thing.

Back
Top Bottom