Waiting For Stuff From USA ?

Audiolab said:
This was just the Stainless handle if memory serves me right, hope they turn up soon.

yeah just two handles, i mailed the shipper, his reply was, "i sent them priority intl airmail, if you don't have a postal strike in the UK, then they are lost"

Nice.....so i have asked him what he would like to do about it, if i get the same "not my problem answers" then i file a claim and get a refund.

Sunbury - look at the prices in <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-international-prices.htm#cz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mai ... ces.htm#cz</a><!-- m -->

There is no way he shipped a $3 handle via Priority Mail unless he's quite unstable.

hunnymonster said:
Sunbury - look at the prices in <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-international-prices.htm#cz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mai ... ces.htm#cz</a><!-- m -->

There is no way he shipped a $3 handle via Priority Mail unless he's quite unstable.

thats what i was thinking,.....

oh well lets see if paypal refund me either way, as i have found that if it's just a few pounds, paypal do refund you anyway
or they have done in the past, i might be doing the guy dowm, they may turn up eventually....who knows

I brought off a member from badger and blade paid £50 for a razor a never arrived and he just said well I sent it (tosser) and done nothing about a refund so now will only buy if its shipped signed for and as for Canada post never have a problem our folks live there and we always ship stuff back all the time it arrives in around 10 day and the same when we get Candy from the folks for the kids we have around 4 parcels a month going back and forward never yet had a problem either way

over5feet said:
I brought off a member from badger and blade paid £50 for a razor a never arrived and he just said well I sent it (tosser) and done nothing about a refund so now will only buy if its shipped signed for and as for Canada post never have a problem our folks live there and we always ship stuff back all the time it arrives in around 10 day and the same when we get Candy from the folks for the kids we have around 4 parcels a month going back and forward never yet had a problem either way

did you ask him to send it Recorded Delivery ? to be fair, i have bought 2 razors of B&B and traded 2, i will only trade or buy if i can see history that the guy has done so before, and i always check a load of Posts to see what type of person they are, even so it's all on trust, so i't a risk, i have read bad stories of people being conned though, just hope that people that do stich others up get what they desrve in life !

Mailing has entered the Twilight Zone since 9/11. I used to buy from the UK with a Postal International Money Order. These are no longer accepted and fees make little rational. A 35 1/2' walking stick is @ 15 L and anything over that by a few inches doubled. A premium tea company informed me shipping was now 2x the cost of the actual product.
Canada has become impossible with overzealous inspectors, increased fees and long delays.
Into this mix unscrupulous individuals and the global market becomes a village again.
It is no less complicated, but sometimes if you can involve a trusted online friend in the country of origin as intermediary on large orders the extra time and reshipping are worth it.

Through B&B i have made a friend in Canada, and have sent each other parcels of shaving stuff with no problems,he generously sent me a huge tub of Frasers shaving cream and a tub of Frasers Polar Ice recently,both excellent creams,and three Mama Bears Soaps,top man.

trainman said:
Through B&B i have made a friend in Canada, and have sent each other parcels of shaving stuff with no problems,he generously sent me a huge tub of Frasers shaving cream and a tub of Frasers Polar Ice recently,both excellent creams,and three Mama Bears Soaps,top man.

How much did the shipping for the Fraser's cost, if I may ask? Was it the 1kg Fraser's Original, and 500ml of Polar Ice?

... and can he ship you the Booster's AS stuff too? Shoebox ShaveShop (in Miami) sells the sampls of the Fraser brands creams, but says they an't ship the Booster's cause the alcohol makes it illegal (even in sampler sizes).

Most places now have a notice they can't ship alcohol to or from US, Canada etc unfortunately!

If you or your friend are u for it I'm sure another group buy of Mama Bears would be most welcome ;)

Urban Hermit said:
trainman said:

How much did the shipping for the Fraser's cost, if I may ask? Was it the 1kg Fraser's Original, and 500ml of Polar Ice?

... and can he ship you the Booster's AS stuff too? Shoebox ShaveShop (in Miami) sells the sampls of the Fraser brands creams, but says they an't ship the Booster's cause the alcohol makes it illegal (even in sampler sizes).

The original cream is the 450ml(1lb) size and the Polar Ice is 225ml,i think he paid $21 Canadian but it did take about four weeks to arrive.
I have told him i like the Polar Ice and hopefully he will send the other Flavours.
He has said if there was anything that i would like from Canada then ask and he will see what he can do,i'll mail him later to enquire about the other flavours of Frasers cream.

Dave

simmo3801 said:
Most places now have a notice they can't ship alcohol to or from US, Canada etc unfortunately!

If you or your friend are u for it I'm sure another group buy of Mama Bears would be most welcome ;)

Sadly i cant arrange that,sorry,we send each other stuff as pif's so no money changes hands,its purely a quid pro quo situation.

Dave.

Back
Top Bottom