voskhod de blades

Yea I read some of that link a few months back and the sharpness of the BICs surprised me but I've never tried BIC, I suppose I was more surprised because I hadnt heard BICs being mentioned as much on wet shaving forums

Yes will defo try put perma sharp, can't wait

...Vokshod is made by Mostochlegmash, but[sic] the way. Their Platinum Lux is a good blade. Again, you can see some striking similarities with the Gillette Rubia ... and again, the Rapira is a better blade in my opinion...

You're saying the Platinum Lux is a better blade than the Gillette Rubie Platinum (Plus)? I just want to clarify that before we initiate committal proceedings.

Vosk's are infamous for having issues with quality control, I have a good batch and it's a good blade for a medium efficiency razor for daily shaves. It'd not be choice for blade for shaving my head or for stubble of more than a day.

for those of you whove been involved in this thread just a quick update,
so i thought i'd try out the same voskhod blade in my twig se razor as its mild and efficent,
obviously i snapped it in half to fit so i could use it with the twig razor,
so i must say it felt somewhat smoother but the sharpness was about the same

okay so i tried the same voskhod blades in the leaf razor, the one half of a blade that i used in the twig i simply placed in the middle of the leaf razor and i put the other half of the voskhod at the bottom of the leaf razor, i hope im making sense lol

anyways it definately felt sharper but wasnt as smooth at all, it is amazing how the same razor can feel so different in different razors

Reactions: ATG
I think your the only person iv noticed that’s ever said that. The Voskhod are a top blade for me but mind you most Russian blades iv came across are good.
Perhaps you should try it in a different razor
EDIT
sorry just read above you’ve tried it in the twig.
just shows were all different
I hate the Bic but i see you like that also

Many, including myself, have said as such. It's a mediocre blade that suffers from ghastly QC at the factory.
That Surprises me as it’s possibly in my top 5
Everyday is a school day on here.

don’t get me wrong o can imagine the Qc being pretty shoddy in Russia but fingers crossed they keep producing quality.
I Also thought the QC in Thailand would have been pretty naff but these Gillette Super Slims are wonderful