Voskhod blades : First try

When I received the R41 in with it was a brand new pack of Voskhod blades with a note to try them in this razor.

Being new to the blades and the razor I didn't want to put too many variables at work so stuck with something I knew, the Astra SP. After that I was recommended Derbys to lessen the aggressiveness of the razor. I certainly enjoyed the razor with both these blades.

Tonight I decided to use the Voskhods in the R41 as originally suggested. I hadn't shaved since Friday morning so a good 65 hrs of growth to mow through.

I loved the R41 before but coupled with the Voskhods its taken it to a different level. In all honesty I think this is the first proper BBS shave I've had, and it was also just so smooth and no irritation.

Its early days, I'd like to try it a bit more and will be trying it in the EJ89 and Gillette Tech in the coming days and weeks, as well as the Futur but if it keeps like this then it's my new No1 blade.

Even if it's outstanding performance is limited to the R41 I'll still be stocking 100 come pay day.

When I received the R41 in with it was a brand new pack of Voskhod blades with a note to try them in this razor.

Being new to the blades and the razor I didn't want to put too many variables at work so stuck with something I knew, the Astra SP. After that I was recommended Derbys to lessen the aggressiveness of the razor. I certainly enjoyed the razor with both these blades.

Tonight I decided to use the Voskhods in the R41 as originally suggested. I hadn't shaved since Friday morning so a good 65 hrs of growth to mow through.

I loved the R41 before but coupled with the Voskhods its taken it to a different level. In all honesty I think this is the first proper BBS shave I've had, and it was also just so smooth and no irritation.

Its early days, I'd like to try it a bit more and will be trying it in the EJ89 and Gillette Tech in the coming days and weeks, as well as the Futur but if it keeps like this then it's my new No1 blade.

Even if it's outstanding performance is limited to the R41 I'll still be stocking 100 come pay day.
Teflon coated, you could fry a small egg on one! :)

For Value, sharpness & smoothness the Voskhods are up among the best DE blades..as are most of the russian made blades, my personal favourites are Voskhods, Gillette 7o'clock SharpEdge,Polsilver Super Iridium,Astra SP,Gillette Silver Blue,Rapira Platinum,Rapira super stainless,Ladas.Out of them Voskhods,Polsilver Super Iridium & Gillette 7o'Clock Sharpedge are all equally superb.

One of my favourites, though to be fair, I get the odd rough/tugging blade once every 10 blades or so. I have a friend who shaves professionally with a shavette and won't change them for anything - citing versatility and low cost as his main reasons. Goes really well with my Standardâ„¢ razor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom