Vintage camping stoves

Superb stuff John and a great level if restoration. Even better when they still work.

Primus were awesome stoves (in the right hands) and like hotmetal says a reminder if my scouting days. Which only ended some 15 years or so back as a leader.

If you want I think we have an old Tilley lamp over in Yorkshire which you can have for zero pounds and zero pennies. Just drop me a PM if interested.

Keep up the great work
Thanks Satanfriendly, I've never worked on a Tilley lamp before. The only lamp I've worked on so far is my Aladdin 23. The very kind offer shall be taken up but It will be a while before I can work on it since I've got tree work to do in the back garden, I've been cleaning up my chainsaw for the last few days, the sawdust gets everywhere and thanks to the bar oil sets like concrete when dry :mad: :rolleyes:

Thanks Satanfriendly, I've never worked on a Tilley lamp before. The only lamp I've worked on so far is my Aladdin 23. The very kind offer shall be taken up but It will be a while before I can work on it since I've got tree work to do in the back garden, I've been cleaning up my chainsaw for the last few days, the sawdust gets everywhere and thanks to the bar oil sets like concrete when dry :mad: :rolleyes:

I am over in Yorkshire later today and send some photos.

Sounds ominous cleaning a chainsaw.

I am over in Yorkshire later today and send some photos.

Sounds ominous cleaning a chainsaw.
I'd appreciate some photos of the lamp. I think the only problem with them is rust in the fount ( fuel tank) as its a pressure vessel, and the check valve as this requires a specific tool for removal. Lol there are 2 chainsaws that I own, it's just maintenance cleaning adjusting the chain tension and sharpening of the blades. People usually think Texas chainsaw massacre when they see a saw because it's family :devilish:

I’ve got a braw single pint Primus that I used regularly whilst canoeing. I think it dates from 1960 by the date code. Memory is a bit shaky. Fired it up again last year and it worked perfectly. Full brass starter flame guard too. For a couple of Monitors and there’s a few others hiding around somewhere.
There's a thing of beauty to behold, most people don't realise that replacement parts are still being made for them. As I pointed out to the wife and kids you can take them anywhere on dry land and cook. Even my disabled son has managed to cook noodles on one, although required supervision he had a feeling of achievement.

I suspect that dodgy yank will find this post and chip off sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom