Vintage Brush Restoration

A few weeks ago i purchased a vintage 1930's Shaving Brush from E-bay for £8.00, it was not the best looking brush but considering how old it was, it showed promise.

i sent it up to Bill, "bejay" and he has spent alot of time and worked extremely hard and restored the Handle and fitted a Brand new finest Badger knot for me, alot of hard work and effort has gone into getting this brush back into shape, and it will take it's place with the othet Hand made wooden brush he did for me some months back.

BEFORE PIC (Very Patchy scratched Handle and worn out Knot)
BrushBefore.jpg

AFTER PIC (Handle Cleaned and Restored, Brand new Knot fitted.....extremely nice looking brush now !)
BrushAfter.jpg

Should have it sometime next week, looking forward to it... :D

ANOTHER PIC WITH THE OLD KNOT REMOVED AND HANDLE CLEANED INSIDE AND OUT:
Before2.jpg

PIC WITH THE NEW NOT FIXED IN, BEFORE A TEST LATHER WAS DONE:
After2.jpg

Looks fab - I have a couple of knots on the way fron Golden nib and a couple of handles awaiting them!

One is similar to Steve's ( culmark) but of a more recent vintage with a white/black handle and the other is older and may even be bone - it is a similar shape to Fido's New Forest brushes with a mild buterscotch hue.

Will post pics once complete - If they are anywhere near as nice as yours I will be well chuffed!

KRF1963 said:
Looks fab - I have a couple of knots on the way fron Golden nib and a couple of handles awaiting them!

One is similar to Steve's ( culmark) but of a more recent vintage with a white/black handle and the other is older and may even be bone - it is a similar shape to Fido's New Forest brushes with a mild buterscotch hue.

Will post pics once complete - If they are anywhere near as nice as yours I will be well chuffed!

looks like a vintage Culmak because of that bit at the base doesn't it,...... well the whole handle is solid that is just a line pattern in the handle, and the handle it's self is a full size one, not travel brush size, looks smaller because of the way the pic is taken, i will post pics when it arrives with a couple of other brushes so you can see the size.

Back
Top Bottom