Velvet edge razor hone

I have for sale a velvet edge Barbers Hone. I sold this a few months ago then bought it back as I thought I prefered it to another one, well I was just being silly.
Its all ready to go, has its original box even though it might be a bit tatty.
20 quid deivered
20110110_004.jpg

pedro083 said:
I have for sale a velvet edge Barbers Hone. I sold this a few months ago then bought it back as I thought I prefered it to another one, well I was just being silly.
Its all ready to go, has its original box even though it might be a bit tatty.
20 quid deivered
20110110_004.jpg

What's the grit rating on this one?

Well its a bit hard to grit rate it. It is a man made stone, but they never sold them with grit ratings. they are normally about the 8k level can be a bit less or more. this one is on the finer side from my experiences. these are also very fast cutters used to refresh a edge that was good but has deteriated in only 6 or so swipes

Marcel said:
I'm not a straight razor guy, but could a hone like this be usefull for some final honing on a santoku kitchen knife? Or would a 4k be enough? If so, I might be interested.

Well it is 6x2(would need to measure to be 100%) but I would not use it for kitchen Knives, as dont see the need to go that high and might not be the best stone for a knife as well, as they are designed to not apply pressure on so dont know how easy your knife would dig in.

Back
Top Bottom