valet tray?

I've been looking for a valet tray for some time now and wondered if anyone has any suggestions. For those wondering it's a small squarish tray generally felt lined for holding the contents of your pockets when you take your trousers off at night ie coins and keys etc. I've found a few online but they all seem hideously expensive. I think the best one I saw was a folding travel version that had press studs at the corners to fold up into a tray but that was 65 quid!

simmo3801 said:
I've been looking for a valet tray for some time now and wondered if anyone has any suggestions. For those wondering it's a small squarish tray generally felt lined for holding the contents of your pockets when you take your trousers off at night ie coins and keys etc. I've found a few online but they all seem hideously expensive. I think the best one I saw was a folding travel version that had press studs at the corners to fold up into a tray but that was 65 quid!

I know a guy thar will make one to your own specifications for less than that, get in touch via pm and I will put you in touch wih him

Daz

I bought the folding type you mention from an American vendor on eBay. Cost about £12 if I remember correctly. I'll try and dig out the sellers name this evening if you'd like.

Big thanks to Simmo for bringing this topic up as ive been looking for something like this for ages - never knew it was called a valet tray.

If its any help ive looked on ebay with the following searches:

Valet tray
Mens organiser box
Mens jewellery box

All of which have thrown up a few different ones (possibly not what you want but not too bad price wise).

I've now found these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stackers-Jewellery-Box-Brown-Section/dp/B00350BV1Y/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1346329612&sr=1-1-catcorr

They do a whole range of different sized jewellery trays and boxes to stack on top of each other so I think I'll buy one for home and take it from there. Not suitable for travelling due to size but it's a start....

simmo3801 said:
I've now found these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stackers-Jewellery-Box-Brown-Section/dp/B00350BV1Y/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1346329612&sr=1-1-catcorr

They do a whole range of different sized jewellery trays and boxes to stack on top of each other so I think I'll buy one for home and take it from there. Not suitable for travelling due to size but it's a start....

did you not see the link i put for the one at john lewis it looks like the one you mentioned for travelling..

I did thanks Dave I've just been back and checked it. I need a tray to keep my wallet, keys, coins, phone etc in so I now think the Stacker one is the better solution. I'm between addresses at the moment due to childcare so not that much travelling really cheers

It was this seller Nigel. Sadly it looks like she doesn't do them anymore. I picked up a brown leather one embossed with my initials for £12 delivered. Also one in black for my wife's stepfather. This was back in 2010 though. I can't believe the price of some of the ones on there now.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/soulsis78556h/

Thanks for looking James I'm pretty certain I'm going to go for one of the Jewellery trays and that way I can throw a wallet, couple of watches and several bunches of keys in too.

Maxpedition do a "tactical travel tray" Tactical Travel Tray

I always take Tactical to mean "is coloured black or green and is robust". Unless you look at the item and the phrase "sad muppet" sneaks into your internal monologue.

I've used one of these on and off for a couple of years, including to sit on when camping and rock climbing as it has a mostly waterproof outer. Works as well in a tent as in an hotel for it's more traditional use and the elastic is surprisingly handy.

I purchased mine second hand as I think it's a little pricey for what it is.

Back
Top Bottom