Using soft soap.

How do you guys load your brush when using soft Soap.
I just started using Nanny's soft soap and have so far scooped out a small amount into a mug and then lathered, and also swirled the damp brush around in the pot to load the bristles and then lather. The later was less successfull and run out after only 2 passes. Had to make a second batch for 3rd pass and touch ups.
How do you guys do it.

I personally use it like I do a hard shave soap. I put a little bit of water on it for a few minutes, then pour that out into a dish/down the drain and load the damp brush in the dampened soap.

• The watery stuff I sometimes use as my 'pre-shave' to keep the face moistened while loading & lathering the brush.
    • ... Or I might keep it to one side, to use as the water added to moisten the lather as it's being bult.[/list:u][/list:u]

henkverhaar said:
If it is soft enough that you can easily scoop out a dollop with your fingers, do that, put it in a lathering bowl and swirl with a damp brush. Keep adding water until you reach the desired consistency.
That's my method also, I find it easier than loading a brush with hard soap :)

FB.

hunnymonster said:
henkverhaar said:
If it is soft enough that you can easily scoop out a dollop with your fingers, do that, put it in a lathering bowl and swirl with a damp brush. Keep adding water until you reach the desired consistency.

How 19th Century... a finger :eek: Those with OCD use a small spatula :D

i have a little Pewter Salt Spoon that i got at an antique fair, scoops up just the right amount.......so there !
snob1-210x146.gif

sunburyboy93 said:
hunnymonster said:
How 19th Century... a finger :eek: Those with OCD use a small spatula :D

i have a little Pewter Salt Spoon that i got at an antique fair, scoops up just the right amount.......so there !

I've no idea how the proper dollop of soap gets into the lather bowl.

• ... other than that the maid does it, while she's getting the water temperature just the way I like it, of course.[/list:u][/list:u]

I had no luck using Nanny's Silly Lemon Zinger soap until yesterday that is!

I put my brush in hot water to soak and then put some hot water (couple of tablespoons I guess) and left them both for a few mins. Loaded and then better loaded the brush (good 39 secs vigorous swirling) and then I wiped the excess lather in the tin on my chops and proceeded to face lather as normal.

Good result with enough for 3 passses.

I always loved the smell, now I love the soap as well!

The Magnum ice cream stick was my take on a spatula. 3 coats of varnish and it's ready for action. No great loss it it breaks as you can never have enough Magnums!

Well maybe :mrgreen:

When whipping up a lather to try out a soap, or of late, a brush, I am now a definite convert to SirPrize's suggestion (taken from Mantic59) of the upside lathering technique. It does seem to work better for some reason, and has the added advantage that you don't get water left sitting on top of the soap in the jar, which I just think looks better and somehow cleaner.

I get very good results when sooking the brush during shower in hot water (not to hot though) and then load directly on the soap for approx 20 secs. I don´t soak the soap before. It´s enough for 3 passes + touch ups, if needed. I do have very soft water though.

soapalchemist said:
When whipping up a lather to try out a soap, or of late, a brush, I am now a definite convert to SirPrize's suggestion (taken from Mantic59) of the upside lathering technique. It does seem to work better for some reason, and has the added advantage that you don't get water left sitting on top of the soap in the jar, which I just think looks better and somehow cleaner.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSUNBY9zHUw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSUNBY9zHUw</a><!-- m -->

There simply isn't any other way!

SirPrize said:
soapalchemist said:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSUNBY9zHUw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSUNBY9zHUw</a><!-- m -->

There simply isn't any other way!

Looks nifty, have to try. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom