Upcoming Merkur travel DE

http://forum.mens-only.gr/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=1995&p=39049#p39049

This is the link from the Greek shaving forum (www.forum.mens-only.gr), where I happened to find and read the specific thread. I believe the person who wrote this (and included the pics) got the info from the German forum gutrasiert.de, where he is a regular visitor/contributor.

In short, this should be out by Christmas 2012, the difference in head and handle finish is because of higher production costs if they were to introduce a head and handle with the same finish (chrome or mat). It is a 4-piece set and the model code is 47C.

Oh yes, very nice. I don't travel about much but I don't feel too comfortable taking a straight with me, especially to friends' or relatives' houses. This is rather nifty.

My god that looks cack!

Polished head and matt handle? Bleugh! The shape of the handle isn't even particularly easy on the eye. In fact it looks cheap and plasticy, painted with Humbrol model paint.

Sorry, the king has no clothes, it looks like a turd of a razor.

There are many opinions out there, this is merely mine, if you don't like it please feel free to find an alternative that meets with your requirements.

I think it looks awful, that handle is plain ugly and looks like it doesn't "go" with the head. It's the first time I've seen a frankenrazor that was actually designed that way.

I'll still be travelling with my 34C.

I quite like the handle, but not with that head. If it was a squarer head in the same finish, then it'd look right.
For travel, I'll stick with my tech.

I do like the travel case though.

Back
Top Bottom