Up Where We Belong!!

Once we got rid of the overpaid underperforming "superstars" :roll: from last season we managed to put a real team out. Full marks to Mike Ashley the much derided Chairman.

Chris Hughton has done a magnificent job of work. Last year Alan Shearer was going to do all sorts; he did, he took them down!!

:D

hunnymonster said:
I remember when Sunderland were in Division 2 (the old one) and Lawrie McMenemy arrived and said he'd take them out of the Second Division.

He was true to his word, he took them straight out, downwards. Not exactly what the fans were expecting as I recall.

Blessed be the Saint Lawrie :cool:

hunnymonster said:
I remember when Sunderland were in Division 2 (the old one) and Lawrie McMenemy arrived and said he'd take them out of the Second Division.

He was true to his word, he took them straight out, downwards. Not exactly what the fans were expecting as I recall.

I was cramming hard for my accountancy exams at the time and I wasted a night crying with laughter. By yimminy it was worth it!

Happy days! :lol:

I seem to remember that Lawrie spawned a joke or two as well.... something along the lines of:

Lawrie is in Joplings (a well-known Sunderland department store of blessed memory) when his carrier bag splits open and spills the content. A little old granny shouts over "Can you manage, mate?" to which Lawrie replies "Don't you start!"

Back
Top Bottom