Unusual old type case

Picked this up at an antique fair the other day, I'm not a bit fan of old types but the case was one I've never seen before.

[attachment=4580]
[attachment=4581]
[attachment=4582]
[attachment=4583]

Appears unused, except for the split and tarnished handle. From what I've read here and there, most of these split even the unused ones due to the thin poor quality brass that was available following WW1

If the blade is original to the set (which it appears to be) then this would be a Canadian set from week 23 (1st to 7th June) 1925.

Anyone seen one before?

Attachments

• DSCF4669.JPG
    DSCF4669.JPG
    253.4 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF4671.JPG
    DSCF4671.JPG
    241 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF4672.JPG
    DSCF4672.JPG
    237.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF4674.JPG
    DSCF4674.JPG
    248.9 KB · Views: 12
Got one of these............same razor in mine,.......nice cases on these :icon_razz::icon_razz:

Jamies said:
Picked this up at an antique fair the other day, I'm not a bit fan of old types but the case was one I've never seen before.

Appears unused, except for the split and tarnished handle. From what I've read here and there, most of these split even the unused ones due to the thin poor quality brass that was available following WW1

If the blade is original to the set (which it appears to be) then this would be a Canadian set from week 23 (1st to 7th June) 1925.

Anyone seen one before?

I'm not sure that that's a genuine Gillette. But if you send it off to me in the States I can have it authenticated in about 5 or 10 yrs:)-)!
Very nice. I've haven't seen one like that before in the literature.

Johnus said:
I'm not sure that that's a genuine Gillette. But if you send it off to me in the States I can have it authenticated in about 5 or 10 yrs:)-)!
Very nice. I've haven't seen one like that before in the literature.

:icon_lol:
Thanks for the offer, but I'll try to live with the doubt :icon_razz:

I'd not seen one anywhere either, none of the usual books or websites. It was the case that grabbed my attention and at £6 it would be rude not to:angel:

Back
Top Bottom