Ultrasonic Cleaners

Have seen you guys mention these gadgets pretty often. I consider myself a prince of gadgets but have never given these a look before.
Are they a worthy acquisition for general razor cleaning? and apart from jewellery and maybe specs and watches what else do you guys use them for?
Was looking at the reasonably priced Maplin one:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/ultra-7000-ultrasonic-cleaner-223108

Just ordered one of those from the maplin_outlet seller on ebay. Costs exactly the same (£32.99 delivered). I've wanted one for a while, never see them go cheap on ebay so thought I might as well buy at that price.
By the way - what is the story with the sellers who list these on ebay for £90 or so - is this a gimmick of some kind? Surely nobody is daft enough to buy at that price?

I have had a few in mine and they were ok. I think it's down to if it's loose or not in the first place. You can't really determine this just by looking, it's a gamble.

All my razors have just had a blast in the ultrasonic cleaner, and all look much better for it.

Some were quite grubby, and although they are cleaner I think they could be better. I think I may soak them in some soapy water overnight and then give them another blast.

I bought some sea clean or something from Maplin when I bought the machine, had to give tough jobs a second blast but the worst one being a Popular with the handle knurling being full of soap scum. It had been delivered that day and it ended up looking lovely when it was finished.

Off to pick up one today.

Steve has already done it, but I've lost the frigging message so can one of you nice folk post some tips on:

The temperature of the water
How long to leave the razors in
How much washing up liquid to use

And anything else a noob like me may need to know?

Many thanks!

Warm tap water with the 7000 and if you get it from Maplin they also sell a product called Sea Clean which is for more stubborn stains or just a squirt of fairy. I always give my razors a max blast of 480 seconds. Get all your wifes jewellery and your waterproof watches and specs in the cleaner also, amazing how much dirt comes out of them.

Back
Top Bottom