Ultrasonic Cleaner Recommendations?

Are these a worthwhile purchase? What sort of money do I need to spend to get one that will last? What would people recommend for general household use, as well as a couple of razors obviously! :)

I just purchased a 'James Ultra 7000' ultrasonic cleaner from Amazon the other day. Works amazingly well on razors and SWMBO's jewelry. Big enough for glasses too!

FrankieG said:
I just purchased a 'James Ultra 7000' ultrasonic cleaner from Amazon the other day. Works amazingly well on razors and SWMBO's jewelry. Big enough for glasses too!

I had this one a couple of months ago 'James Ultra 7000' used it every day for about 2 weeks and it just stopped, so make sure you use it a lot within the 30 day money back window.

I now have Colour Direct 0.8L Professional Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner Machine + Timer CD-D008L from Amazon and it is much better, all metal - no plastic

This is only my personal opinion of course!

FrankieG said:

If your glasses have an anti scratch coating DO NOT put them in an ultrasonic ! It crazes the coating after a few cycles.

Similarly it will cause a black discolouration on the silo doors of an HD Rocket and Cobras. I don't know why, all my other razors were fine, but I have damaged a couple of Rockets and a Cobra :mad:

Bazwalk2 said:
FrankieG said:

If your glasses have an anti scratch coating DO NOT put them in an ultrasonic ! It crazes the coating after a few cycles.

Similarly it will cause a black discolouration on the silo doors of an HD Rocket and Cobras. I don't know why, all my other razors were fine, but I have damaged a couple of Rockets and a Cobra :mad:

I had read that somewhere so decided to check with Specsavers. They said it was fine to use an ultrasonic cleaner on their glasses and that they use them in their shops...

FrankieG said:
Bazwalk2 said:
FrankieG said:

I had read that somewhere so decided to check with Specsavers. They said it was fine to use an ultrasonic cleaner on their glasses and that they use them in their shops...
2 pairs of mine were from Vision Express and both are now unusable.

Bazwalk2 said:
FrankieG said:
Bazwalk2 said:
FrankieG said:

2 pairs of mine were from Vision Express and both are now unusable.

Thanks for the heads-up :)

wait for them to come up in lidl or aldi! can fit two or three razors in and cheap as chips. Subscribe to their weekly offers email and keep an eye on them. Great bits of kit for the price and do a fantastic job, can't remember how much they cost but under £30

Back
Top Bottom