ULTIMATE Razor & Blade Combinations

I'm sure we've all tried a blade that's been the devil in one razor and an angel in another.

What combinations that work best for you?

Fatboy + Feather

Slim + Gillette Bleue Extra

Aristocrat Jnr + Kai

HD Rocket + Super Iridium

At the moment for me and i think these are gonna be looked at strangly.

Feathers Travel With Feathers Blade - Closest shave ever

Wilkinson Sword Classic With Gillette Swede Blade - Can really zip along with this as the razor is so forgiving close shave in 5 minutes

joe mcclaine said:
Pretty much any blade in my HD Rocket but Red Personnas have been doing the trick for me lately.

The HD Rocket is my test razor for any new blade. I like the Iridiums but I have many blades I've yet to try and even more that are great but no longer available.

I agree with lots of the suggestions here but would add Merkur HD + Derby (heavy razors, not-too-sharp blade = good shave)

Rocket + Kai for me, though.

Rev-O said:
I agree with lots of the suggestions here but would add Merkur HD + Derby (heavy razors, not-too-sharp blade = good shave)

Rocket + Kai for me, though.

Ive never put the weight of a razor and the wuality of blade together before.

Thats really interesting I never got on with a derby in my wilkinson sword classic, but wonder if it might work better in a heavier razor like my gillette new. Which I tried my favorite blades in and didn't like...

Its all back to the drawing board now.

This post is sponsored by carlsberg

Merkur HD with Gillette Super Thin

Gillette Old open comb with Astra superior platinum ( i have not tried the GST's in it yet )

GEM micromatic open comb with Ted Pella stainless PTFE coated.

Futur and Iridium or Silver Blue

HD and Astra or sometimes with a second day Feather (I really liked Polsilvers in the HD but they are no more)

Aristocrat and Kai, Swede or any blade

I like the Aristocrat a lot and for me they work well with a lot of different blades. Favourite Aristocrat is the #16 but I own 6 of them.

Here are mine:

• HD and Feather
  • HD and Red IP
  • HD and Crystal
  • HD and Swede (sob...)[/list:u]

And my least favourite:
    • Superspeed (Flare) with pretty much any blade[/list:u]

There's so little blade exposure, I have to do 2 passes more than my HD and still have to finish off with the HD! My face is a bit sore after all those passes. HD alone - no problem!

hunnymonster said:
I shall stick out my neck here - Gillette Super Thin and any razor you care to use - they are that good!

This cost me a few pounds. Ordered 100. Arrived this week. Tried one today in my Merkur 38C.
I'm stroking my chin and purring. They are indeed that good.

Fido said:
hunnymonster said:
I shall stick out my neck here - Gillette Super Thin and any razor you care to use - they are that good!

This cost me a few pounds. Ordered 100. Arrived this week. Tried one today in my Merkur 38C.
I'm stroking my chin and purring. They are indeed that good.

See how far they stretch too... somewhere between 5 & 7 shaves for me - which I can't get (or at least haven't got so far) from any other blade.

Back
Top Bottom