Closed UK Pass Around: Bunny Razor V3 - Finished.

I picked up the bunny late Friday night, but only found time to open the parcel last night. I have seen the pictures of the razor but the razor looked fantastic in the flesh.
I used the razor on for the frist time this morning using the notso plate. It has been over 13 hours since the shave and there is still a smooth feel to the face. From this one shave this is the best razor I have used. I will try the other plates this week and report back.

Second shave with the bunny today. I changed the base plate to mild, because the shave from yesterday was so close there was not a lot to shave off. Even with the mild base plate very little stubble feel after 12 hours. When shaving with the bunny you can hear it cutting the whiskers but it does not feel aggressive. I will miss my shave tomorrow, let some stubble grow back and try the wild base plate.

Had a shave with wild base plate Wednesday. I did a three pass shave, even though I have not shaved for two days a two pass would have gave a bbs shave. There was not much feed back on the third pass more of a touch up pass. I can not belive how good this razor is. Each base plate gives a bbs shave. I became ill Wednesday after noon and spent most of yesterday in bed, so only managed to shave today. I used the notso base plate with a new and last blade. Two pass shave again a fantastic shave with a little more stubble grow back then with a three pass shave. I think I have some injector blades left, i will have a look once i can bend over without being ill. I was waiting till the new year to order some from connaught.

Had a shave with wild base plate Wednesday. I did a three pass shave, even though I have not shaved for two days a two pass would have gave a bbs shave. There was not much feed back on the third pass more of a touch up pass. I can not belive how good this razor is. Each base plate gives a bbs shave. I became ill Wednesday after noon and spent most of yesterday in bed, so only managed to shave today. I used the notso base plate with a new and last blade. Two pass shave again a fantastic shave with a little more stubble grow back then with a three pass shave. I think I have some injector blades left, i will have a look once i can bend over without being ill. I was waiting till the new year to order some from connaught.
The Chinese Schick blades are my favourites with the Bunny. I can easily get 7-8 great shaves out of them. No need to change blades after just two shaves. However, we won't run out of Chick blades on this pass around. Promised.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's (or the day after) shave with the Bunny, for reasons that will be revealed tomorrow (or the day after)

My 50th shave with the Bunny V3 - The Golden Jubilee Shave
GoldenBunny.jpg
I'm a very lucky guy. Not only am I in charge of the ↪UK Bunny V3 pass around, a great honour, I also won a Bunny V3 in the TSR raffle, so I've been able to shave with the Bunny V3 since late February 2016. And I have made good use of this wonderful opportunity. Today I had my golden 50th shave with the Bunny V3. For this special occasion I went for my 'shave of the year':
Rather than go through today's shave in detail, I'll tell you why this is my golden shave of the year...
The MÜHLE 25mm synthetic brush is the only brush I bought this year and now pretty much the only brush I use. I'm not a brush aficionado, so I can't tell you why, but the MÜHLE is the only brush I need.
Tabac Original was my discovery of the year. I bought a small sample and loved it so much that I bought a puck in a glass jar in Germany for the princely sum of €10. I have only used it since late September, but it has become a firm favourite (along with Faena Mastic).
Next: The Bunny! After 50 shaves with this wonderful razor I feel very lucky that I have one available at all times. Paired with a Chinese Schick blade and slick lather it gives one perfect shave after the other. It's not the razor I have used most this year - that accolade goes to a vintage Ever-Ready 1912 head on a 96mm modern stainless steel handle, but the Bunny is a close second and still one of the most enjoyable razors I have ever used. Thank you, Tom, for coming up with this beautiful razor.

The Chinese Schick blades are my favourites with the Bunny. I can easily get 7-8 great shaves out of them. No need to change blades after just two shaves. However, we won't run out of Chick blades on this pass around. Promised.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's (or the day after) shave with the Bunny, for reasons that will be revealed tomorrow (or the day after)
I was a little bit to ill to shave today. Definitely shaving tomorrow see I will be up very early.

@newbie has messaged me saying the razor will be on its way tomorrow but we are out of blades. @riverrun did you say earlier in the thread to let you know if that happens?

Looking forward to giving this covered razor a run out... Finally!
I'll send you my last Chinese Schick magazine... Why didn't I buy more when @Paul / Connaught was still selling them? :(

Bunny landed today, will shave with it later... :D
Thanks for checking in. More Chick blades are on the way as well.
The Bunny has reached the end of the list, but the list is still open! Last chance to try it before it hops to me...
  1. Nico1970
  2. Bechet
  3. globalm
  4. rowlers
  5. mpf9ret
  6. Burgundy
  7. Boab
  8. Rufus Firefly
  9. Geofnay
  10. Sabre
  11. grarea
  12. Francorelli
  13. p.b
  14. UKRob (ATG forum detour)
  15. barber bear
  16. Stacy555
  17. mikebrownington (AWOL)
  18. Holyzeus
  19. Glen_Lee
  20. ben139
  21. Nathan (AWOL)
  22. Blademonkey
  23. newbie
  24. Looney12345
The list is open.
Legend: Waiting, On the way to, Currently with, Completed

First shave with the Bunny today, it arrived from @newbie and I was delighted to finally get my hands on it!

I got myself all ready to go, a new Shavemac brush purchased from @themadremmy waiting in the wings. I was very excited to try this brush out as well having cleaned it up and felt how soft the tips were during cleaning I had a feeling it was going to be a good'un. 1912 Cashmere soap blooming and a fresh Personna loaded into the bunny, but wait, what's that, a knock at the door... I trundle down the stairs and open the door to the postie, with a brown box in had... this could only be one thing... @riverrun sent over his last cartridge of Shicks, it must be that and it indeed was! Fresh Personna out, new Schick in, there's no way I was settling when I knew those babies were ready to go and I had three days of stubble to get through.

Finally, back to the shave. The NOTSO comb was in place with the Schick shining. The Shavemac brush was a joy, not sure what I'm going to name it yet (I named my first Shavemac so this one can't be left out!). My first true fan brush, silvertip, lovely :D

The shave itself was great, two passes, no weepers, no irritation, no stubble. Genuinely one of my best ever shaves. Absolutely loved it.

Quick question @twhite510, what is the copper/bronze material at the top of the razor? A little tarnished now, wondering if it will polish up! Also do you have any tips for cleaning in between the head?

83168b02a161f81bb7a657aa175ebf15.jpg

Last edited:
First shave with the Bunny today, it arrived from @newbie and I was delighted to finally get my hands on it!

I got myself all ready to go, a new Shavemac brush purchased from @themadremmy waiting in the wings. I was very excited to try this brush out as well having cleaned it up and felt how soft the tips were during cleaning I had a feeling it was going to be a good'un. 1912 Cashmere soap blooming and a fresh Personna loaded into the bunny, but wait, what's that, a knock at the door... I trundle down the stairs and open the door to the postie, with a brown box in had... this could only be one thing... @riverrun sent over his last cartridge of Shicks, it must be that and it indeed was! Fresh Personna out, new Schick in, there's no way I was settling when I knew those babies were ready to go and I had three days of stubble to get through.

Finally, back to the shave. The NOTSO comb was in place with the Schick shining. The Shavemac brush was a joy, not sure what I'm going to name it yet (I named my first Shavemac so this one can't be left out!). My first true fan brush, silvertip, lovely :D

The shave itself was great, two passes, no weepers, no irritation, no stubble. Genuinely one of my best ever shaves. Absolutely loved it.

Quick question @twhite510, what is the copper/bronze material at the top of the razor? A little tarnished now, wondering if it will polish up! Also do you have any tips for cleaning in between the head?

The material is indeed Bronze. Use any of your favorite metal polishes on the entire razor if you want.

I personally use a pipe cleaner. Bend it in half and go to town.

Enjoy your time with her.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The material is indeed Bronze. Use any of your favorite metal polishes on the entire razor if you want.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's great, thanks for the quick reply... if this first shave is anything to go by I'm going to love my time and not want to let her go!

Second shave with the B-V3 yesterday. I flit between daily shaving and every other day/couple of days. I wanted to see how I would get on with it as a next day shave. I opted for the mild comb this time. Very similar set up to the previous shave, just a change of brush, still Shavmac, but the ATG LE Unique Bulb and a different scent of 1912, Club Cola. No picture as it would look very similar to the first!

The shave was good, but not as revolutionary as the first. I think I was a little cavalier with it this time as I had such a good shave with it the day before. Because I had less growth to work through, even though I used the mild comb, I felt the blade a little more and had a couple of small weepers, under my nose and just on the jawline. The result was still a very good two pass shave, it wasn't quite as enjoyable as the first, but still a very good shave. I may have another shave today using the NOTSO comb just to see the difference and be a little less cavalier in the process, if not it'll likely be tomorrow evening.

It's great to be able to experience a razor like this, hand made and wonderfully executed.

Tom
One more cleaning tip: I don't throw away (all) used injector blades. I dull the edge by scraping it across a knife sharpener (a brick will do as well) and put them back in an empty magazine marked 'Blanks'. Before polishing the Bunny (or thoroughly cleaning any other injector razor) I inject one of those blanks and then clean the razor without fear of injury. When I'm done I put a fresh blade into the razor and put the blank back into its magazine. I also put a clean blank into injectors I send to other people.

Last edited:
Third shave with the B-V3 last night. It's been a busy week and I also wanted to test the razors ability to deal with a few days growth (4 in this case). I took a walk on the wild side with the baseplate as I felt this would have the best chance of mowing through all the bum fluff. It ended up being a strange shave...

Loaded with the Schick blade on its third outing, I fancied giving the Fat another run out. It's been a few months! Simpsons Duke 3 and a bit of work and I had a decent lather. Nothing to write home about but it got the job done.

The shave started off reasonably well on the cheeks but as I moved to the top lip and chin the razor started to tug a bit. Not the most comfortable but it was still cutting. Neck was ok. End of first pass and it's actually pretty respectable. Second pass and the lather had thinned out a bit, but still just enough to get the job done. Elements of the second pass felt like it wasn't cutting at all, but the end result was actually a very good finish considering the journey to get there and the amount of growth. No irritation, no weepers, nothing at all bad to say about the finish. Impressed, but I wouldn't want to use this razor when I have a few days growth going forward, I have better options in my collection for that particular job!

Until the next (hopefully sooner) shave!

img_20170105_232407-01-jpeg.6544

Back
Top Bottom