UK meteorology

Malcolm's thoughts part 1:

Part 2:

Beyond the limits of the short-range discussion in which Malcolm posts, the extreme heat has eased in the models this morning (though they could revert to the 36-39C range they showed yesterday). At present, the south-east should be around 30C by mid-week, with temperatures dropping-off sharply the further north and west you head and rain or showers in some north-western areas. Late next week into the final weekend of July, the current model runs suggest 35-36 in the south-east and more areas, even to the north-west being in the mid-high twenties.

Malcolm's thoughts part 1 (when he mentions det. runs, he means the usual deterministic models that I usualluy refer to - GFS, UKMO and ECM):

Part 2:

Part 3:

Well looks like I'm on the hot side of the line, which is nice.
I think the precise positioning of the fronts which will separate the two airmasses next week is, as yet uncertain. We're not even sure whether my area is going to see storms this afternoon or not, though this sort of scenario is one of the most difficult for even the short-range high-resolution models like the AROME and ARPERGE to determine.