Two piece razors?

Thank you all for your comments and advice, very useful! I obviously have more research to do (that should keep me out of trouble for a while).
Hopefully someone like Reggie's Razors or Hone Razors will see this thread and make a machined two piece razor their 2024 project. One can but hope!
Cheers, Ken

Thank you all for your comments and advice, very useful! I obviously have more research to do (that should keep me out of trouble for a while).
Hopefully someone like Reggie's Razors or Hone Razors will see this thread and make a machined two piece razor their 2024 project. One can but hope!
Cheers, Ken
I can't see that happening Ken. I'm not trying to be Captain Negative but a modern two piece would probably be prohibitively expensive (likely >£300) due to the extra raw material required and/or assembly time.

Some of the vintage options mentioned are sound. You can always pick one up and have it replaced or covered in Cerakote if this makes it more appealing. There's some good UK options for this we can share with you.

I can't see that happening Ken. I'm not trying to be Captain Negative but a modern two piece would probably be prohibitively expensive (likely >£300) due to the extra raw material required and/or assembly time.

Some of the vintage options mentioned are sound. You can always pick one up and have it replaced or covered in Cerakote if this makes it more appealing. There's some good UK options for this we can share with you.
Thanks for your valued input. As I said, I don't actually "need" another razor, I have a Muhle and a couple of Merkurs, all 2 piece models. And I have a couple of TTOs (Wilkinson and Baili) for days when my dexterity plummets! I just had a fancy for something a bit more "special", daft I know but...
...l'm going to keep an eye on the bay for a decent affordable Rocket or Superspeed and then call it a day on my little collection, and enjoy them!

I like two piece razors for the ease of post-shave buggering about. Cleaning, etc. Makes me life easier.

I’ve often thought about an R89 Twist but the cost has always put me off. I’d be thinking of a second hand stainless 3-piece at £50.

Then there’s the fact that I have a mint #58 and a very tidy Rocket HD and a flare tip and another flare tip and, and…

Right. I’m gonna use my 3-piece Techs next. See the logic there? Nope, nor do I…:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom