Turkey - what to look for

I'd imagine you'd have more luck in Turkey than I had in Cyprus and my mate had in Greece.

Got a couple of creams but nothing else otherwise however in all fairness Turkey is a bit more on the "rugged" side than Greece or Cyprus.

antdad said:
Rev-O said:
Turkey?

Breast, leg and dark meat. Mmm.

...should't you be preferring goose not a lardy tasteless American import.

Hear, Hear Tony, well said my man! We had a goose this last Yuel tide, and what a very tasty change it made as well.
The plentiful fat that came off it came in handy for roast spuds.....they end up crisp on the outside, and "fluffy" on the inside.....lovely ! :D :hungrig

spandex..

Rev-O said:
Yes but there's some bad blood between Geece and Turkey.

Thats an understatement Ollie. When I was in Cyprus just there I was reading some of the guide books lying around the villa and as always the "Rough Guide to......" series was the most informative.

It basically stated that no one ever really visits the northern part of Cyprus, or, as the Turks would have it "Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus". There is still no 100% safe passage between the South and the North and the book said if you try to pass through or are even "loitering" you may be held in excess of 2 hours by a soldier pointing a gun at your head just because they have nothing else to do. The army overrule the police in the north.

People in the south never mention it. At the moment it looks like one of those things where they're just happy to let each other get on with it, there hasn't been an invasion for years.

Sounds like they need an "innervention" from George W and T Blair, which would quickly stabilise the situation and bring lasting peace and prosperity to all concerned.

Jeltz said:
If they'd had Symantics they wouldn't have had a problem with Trojans.

They would have been like our recent "new romantics" then Jeltz - yeah? - I was rather partial to the Human League meself! You reckon they would have lulled them in to a false sense of security with some music, and then ...WHACK..'ad 'em - yeah? .. is that what you mean - yeah?? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom