Turkey - what to look for

I'm going on holiday to Turkey in a couple of weeks.
Are there any good blades, soaps, creams or A/S to keep an eye out for that are commonly available when over there?

I've read in another thread about Arko sticks so I'll keep my eye out for one of those. (Or are they good enough to get more than one?)

Thanks.

:D The arko cream seems easier to find from when i was there and is very good..Also go for a shave in barbers was that good i had 4 in two weeks...Recommend the turkish massage as well..

I went to Turkey in May and it's what got me into proper shaving all over again! I'd love to go again knowing what I know now! I'm sure I'd find even the surpermarket range of shave products fascinating now :ugeek:

I had two barbershop shaves, they cost about a fiver and are well worth the money, both for the shave quality and just the experience. The time they spend mapping your beard before they start impressed me, which I guess is what lead to such a close shave after only two passes. They use a shavette rather than a straight, which is about the only bit of HSE legislation they follow over there :lol: Then the flaming stick to seal the hairs (or whatever it does!) and the strongest lemon aftershave I've ever known! It was great though, no stinging just a nice feeling - one I've not yet been able to replicate!

Back
Top Bottom