TSR Logo

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
The time has come for me to get the site logo done properly and I would like a bit of input from the regulars as to what you would like to see.
If you have some ideas please stick them on this thread, pictures can be incorporated so leave examples if you see any good ones.

Boab said:
The time has come for me to get the site logo done properly and I would like a bit of input from the regulars as to what you would like to see.
If you have some ideas please stick them on this thread, pictures can be incorporated so leave examples if you see any good ones.

Would it be bad form to include a British flag? I know we have some wonderful members and contributors from other parts of the world, but one of the main reasons TSR exists is to provide a forum for UK shavers.

Pig Cat said:
Boab said:

Would it be bad form to include a British flag? I know we have some wonderful members and contributors from other parts of the world, but one of the main reasons TSR exists is to provide a forum for UK shavers.

Wouldn't be bad form at all. I propose a drawing of Mr. Badger wielding the Union Jack (or alternatively knocking Yankee Doodle down with it)

Barber_Shop_Small.jpg

Pig Cat said:
Boab said:

I agree!

How about a DE blade (iconic shape) with a Union Flag printed on it

Or, to put it another way, a Union Flay in the shape of a DE blade.

Two instant icons, and immediate visual shorthand for who/what/where TSR is.

Rev-O said:
How about a DE blade (iconic shape) with a Union Flag printed on it

Or, to put it another way, a Union Flay in the shape of a DE blade.

Two instant icons, and immediate visual shorthand for who/what/where TSR is.

That sounds cool. It could either be printed on straight i.e. filling the oblong shape perfectly, or perhaps seen on the blade as a reflection of a flag? Does this make sense? Not at home at the mo or I'd draw you a picture (stop booing!!) :D

Including an obvious Union flag is a little too "cool" britania and Geri Haliwell if not a touch jingoistic for my personal preference, after all the Yank sites don't feel the need to wave it.

I'd prefer a more classic iconography that may include blade, barber pole, chair, TSR in some form.

If the graphic is to be the size of the razor at the top of the page, then it probably needs to be fairly simple, and the Rev's patriotic blade would do the job admirably. Nonetheless I share Tony's reservations, mostly because the union flag has been tainted by association with a far less benign organisation. I haven't got any good alternatives, but something bland like three brushes in a row with T, S and R on them wouldn't be open to misinterpretation.

Back
Top Bottom