TSR Custom Handle

another update lads

Leon has been in touch and the next step to our very own LE is the handle, or to be more precise shape material etc.

now before we get all excited the first thing that's happening is the making of a prototype for testing.
this will be a 22mm knot with either a 50 or 55mm loft

Leon did ask if i'd sent him a handle for them to use but i don't have that option so we either use a Semogue handle that is already in production (the 1800\1350 has the right bore already) or one of our wood-working brethren send him one
he needs a 22mm bore with 16mm depth
i think using a Semogue handle will do as this is just a prototype and we will be evaluating the knot on it's performance, loft and size etc

the real TSR brush, if it happens will have a proper exotic handle, be it a Semogue or one from our members if we decide to provide one
as i type that our own hand made one in some kind of exotic material sounds good :cool:

what say you?

Getting serious, I have a brush made by Neocalagatio in cocobolo that is very nice indeed. I can certainly vouch for that as a very nice wood to make a brush out of.

Or how about Edward Wood...er...wood? :?

JaseB said:
are you going to try both lofts..?

Is this boar or badger? Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. :oops:

it's supposed to be a turbo-charged version of the Vulfix 404 so it'll be a bodger (badger\boar mix)

the loft will be whatever Sr Gomes decides to do first

great answers by the way

not one sensible one that's of any use to me :lol:

I could've done you a handle, were it not for the fact that my garden shed is chock full with gear and junk, so I really can't get at my lathe, and my entire wood supply is in storage, pending an imminent house-moving.

With other LE's going for a wood handle, lets be different and go for something in fake ivory or something like that?

The handle on my Neo no1. finest custom is awesome ( dont know how hard it was to produce it though?) ( pictures in BST). The handle on the Fido LE 2009 is also very nice indeed.

Dont know if these are considered sensible hando?

Just my 2 penneth.

Back
Top Bottom