Trumpers Eucris ???

Having had the chance to try this thanks to the kindness of a fellow member, my initial findings are that this does not smell of a "funeral home", or "an old ashtray". It is a mature, sophisticated scent and, as someone else put it, it smells of "old money". One for the club*, I think.

Will post further impressions as they develop.

*Was it one of the Marx brothers who said "I wouldn't wish to belong to any club that would have someone like me as a member"?

I took the plunge and got a bottle of Eucris recently and I've got to say I like it. At the risk of sounding like a basenotes lurker (which I'm not):blush:, it does have a dirty/clean smell about it, but I find it a nice complex scent and comfortingly old fashioned. I can see why some people don't like it, and I think it's one of those scents that can cause people sitting next to you to pull that "I've got something shoved up my bum" face if you go a bit mental with it, but I find it lasts well and settles down nicely.

Nice to use once in a while.

Mikael said:
My wife thought it smelled like something an English country lord would use... Nothing for me then, I presume, but I like it - complexed and rather "dark". + James Bond used it :icon_razz:

You just liked the bottle :icon_razz:

jon_hall said:
Mikael said:
My wife thought it smelled like something an English country lord would use... Nothing for me then, I presume, but I like it - complexed and rather "dark". + James Bond used it :icon_razz:

You just liked the bottle :icon_razz:

Sure do, it surely must be the coolest of them all :blush:

factormax I agree. It is very much One for the club.

I forget about it sometimes but like all the greats I go back to it.

Im not sure if they had to re-formulate it recently (last 2 years or so) but every time I have used it or sampled it, it has been great.

Avoid falling into the trap of buying some of the "discounted" bottles on Ebay etc. Trumpers bottles, moreso Eucris as it is 100% opaque, are very easy to fill with anything. I bought a "cheap" (too good to be true) bottle off ebay years ago and it wasn't Eucris that was in it.

andyjreid said:
factormax I agree. It is very much One for the club.

I forget about it sometimes but like all the greats I go back to it.

Im not sure if they had to re-formulate it recently (last 2 years or so) but every time I have used it or sampled it, it has been great.

Avoid falling into the trap of buying some of the "discounted" bottles on Ebay etc. Trumpers bottles, moreso Eucris as it is 100% opaque, are very easy to fill with anything. I bought a "cheap" (too good to be true) bottle off ebay years ago and it wasn't Eucris that was in it.

Thanks for the valuable advice!

Back
Top Bottom