Trumpers DE Razor id?

Can anyone ID this Trumpers DE Razor? Think it might be an Edwin Jagger?

Also is it normal for the blade to jut out the sides of the head? The blades i use are Wilk Classic.

Thanks

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_0125.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 157
  • IMG_0124.jpg
  • IMG_0123.jpg
Hello,

It does look like the head that's on my Edwin jagger razor.

The blade sticks out either side of my razor as well, not sure if there's a reason for it (I don't mean the sharp cutting edges before I get a smart answer!)

It looks like an Edwin Jagger Chatsworth, with an EJ/Muhle head in gold. On mine, the DE blade sticks out about a millimetre at each end. Have you got a pic that shows the rest of the handle?

After having a look in the shops, it seems that, Harris, T&H and Trumpers use EJ/Muhle heads on their razors, as an example my Chatsworth has the Harris handle. :shave

Blades often stick out the sides (eg on all vintage Gillettes).

The plus point is that you can tell at a glance (or careful feel) if the razor is loaded.

mikejam8 said:
Here's another pic of the handle.

Thnx

Mike

Thanks Mike, the handle doen't look exactly like the Chatsworth (more like the Loxley) so it could be a special design for Trumpers. Does it shave OK?

I have a Trumper razor. It's like a Merkur headed Chatsworth with a chrome handle, but doesn't have the flat bit at the end of the handle.

It's my favorite razor.

Ian

Thanks for all the responses. Yea, it shaves well, bit rough on the neck but prob need some good blades though. Maybe some Stainless Feathers :)

Mike

mikejam8 said:
Thanks for all the responses. Yea, it shaves well, bit rough on the neck but prob need some good blades though. Maybe some Stainless Feathers :)

Mike

Try it with some Gillette 7 O'Clocks too. Of all the razors I've tried, the Chatsworth with either a Feather or a 7OC blade is the best DE shave I've ever had.

Back
Top Bottom