Trumper Eucris Soap!

I'd best describe it as a kinda "dark, evening occasion scent" in the cologne, a completely different light, brilliantine scent in the oil based hair dressing. Not really sure which end of the spectrum the soap will favour. I'm still coming to terms with £140 for a brush & NON DE razor !

JohnnyO. :x

I could really dig that in a soap...too much for me as an EDT.

"A complex fragrance with top notes of blackcurrant, cumin and corriander. The heart consists of jasmine and muguet with warm base notes of sandalwood, musk and moss."

Wow. I'd heard this was in the pipeline but didn't realise it was available!

Can't wait to try. I'm a fan of the EDT - not for every day wear but it's certainly unique!

John

Id missed this post and nearly had a heart attack when my mate texted me that hed seen it.
Me + Her indoors absolutely love Eucris - im going to have to get me some of this.

Just in time for Winter as well as its more a cold outdoorsy scent.

My Eucris soap turned up today and typically Ive got a stinking cold and cant smell a damn thing.. So im going to have to leave it sitting taunting me on the shelf till i can properly enjoy it.

:(

ok ok... Got my sense of smell back so actually tried it last night.

Oh boy.
Smells just like the EDT, Not overpowering but just right.
Lathered really nicely as well from a mix brush - I face lathered and it came up nice and slick very easily.
Gave a very comfortable shave overall.

Im biased becuase i adore Eucris, but for me its straight into my top 5 faves.

(Plus the Black bowl looks awful nice next to the Black EDT bottle... :mrgreen: )

Eucris.jpg

Only drawback is its not the same price as a Palmolive stick.. but thats what dreams are for :lol:

Go on Ian, you know you want the M3 handle and brush to make the set....

Eucris.jpg

Whats £140 these days to a man like you :lol:

The description of the scent is a little hard to imagine "The warm, sensual beauty of sandalwood, musk and moss is enhanced by a heart of rich, honey-like jasmine and exquisite muguet. Rousing, peppery top notes of cumin and coriander radiate with the fullness of plump blackcurrants."

What is the general sum of the smell? musky like a sort of sandalwood or fresher like a Tabac(ish) smell? I am struggling to imagine this, must ask for a sample because there are no Trumpers vendors near me.

I like the sound of the ingredients individually, I just can't imagine them together.

It's one of those dark 80's, masculine scents. Not like the light, watery, clean-smelling stuff being sold today.

Blackcurrant is certainly in there along with some leather and woods.

In the same sort of area as Anteaus, Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme and Oscar De La Renta Pour Lui.

joe mcclaine said:
It's one of those dark 80's, masculine scents. Not like the light, watery, clean-smelling stuff being sold today.

Blackcurrant is certainly in there along with some leather and woods.

In the same sort of area as Anteaus, Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme and Oscar De La Renta Pour Lui.

I too rate Eucris very highly. Maybe not suitable for all ages or all occasions but a great scent.

I tried some when I was younger and it didn't work out for me. Tried it 5 years later and it works great. Wouldn't be without a bottle.

All this scent pyramid and basenotes bollocks doesn't work for me. I cant seem to discern any of these individual scents at all.
So i cant help you there.

But ill certainly agree with the other guys concerning its general scent.
It has a air of 'Suit' about it, a presentable scent that you wear to special occasions when you want to get noticed and taken seriously.. Or when your the boss and want to smell 'important' -
Wife tells me it smells like 'old world power and money' -

I love the soap version as i get to bask in the scent without actually having to wear it.. as it is quite strong and a stayer.

Ha, the whole basenote and top note thing doesn't work for me either! So i did what i would have to do to work it out....i have ordered one from TESC - worth noting is that their 15% off special doesn't apply to this! Oh well. Hopefully be with me mid next week.

Back
Top Bottom