Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort

The scent from this cream is of Lavender, fainter than other straight out lavender creams, but more natural in its scent compared to them as well. This scent is held throughout the shave but doesn’t hang around once rinsed off.

The lather this produces is one of the best that i have experienced from a shave cream, in fact the only cream to come close is another T&H offering in the almond scent. The lather is extremely protective and provides good levels of “slippage/glide” and holds its structure for a considerable duration before breaking down. It has a huge sweet spot in regards to building lather without getting it wrong.

I’ve found the post shave feeling to be very soothing and non-drying; it’s one of the few shave creams/soaps that after using i don’t feel the need for an aftershave splash or balm.

I agree completely with the comments and observations about this cream. It's my favourite, and as stated, is very tolerant of amateurish lathering, so it has a permanent place in my stash.

Regards

Ian

sounds like one I might want to try. im a huge fan of the taylors sensitive jermyn street cream. finding like this one that it makes a gorgeous thick lather with little effort. it also smells great. I will add this to my xmas list :)

well i tried this tonight folks... I love it. Easily as good as the jermyn cream (id suggest you try some RB :) ) and creates a gorgeous thick smooth lather. a fingertip of cream was enough for a smooth, comfortable 3-4 pass shave. Left my face feeling well treated tonight. very impressed indeed.

I only managed 2 shaves with this cream thanks to T+H's sample back in early January... I loved it. I won't add any other detail because Richard has done a fine review and he's used it longer than I did! I liked the scent a lot, and as far as creams go, T+H are really up there. Amazing smooth lather.

I bought a full sized bottle of the T+H Ultimate Comfort oil on the basis of the samples, there is a review on here. The balm is also excellent.

Cheers Richard.

Yup, this is good stuff.

Not a million miles from Martin de Candre: different and on the whole not as good but it has its own strengths and advantages in cretin areas.

I like it. A lot.

Rev-O said:
Yup, this is good stuff.

Not a million miles from Martin de Candre: different and on the whole not as good but it has its own strengths and advantages in cretin areas.

I like it. A lot.
Hmmm I live in a nice neighbourhood, but if I ever move to a cretin area I'll be sure to try it :p

tubby_shaw said:
Rev-O said:
Yup, this is good stuff.

I like it. A lot.
Hmmm I live in a nice neighbourhood, but if I ever move to a cretin area I'll be sure to try it :p

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom