Tried two new things tonight !!!

One was Fido's new brush, and what a corker it is, I used it with a Soap (Tabac) made a terrific Lather quite easily, needed a bit of playing around with the water/soap to get it right, but a fantastic brush, very soft tips, a very nice job Peter...well done. (Just waiting for a possible wooden handled NF brush............maybe.......hopefully..............?

The other thing I tried tonight was an Ever Ready Single Edge Razor...........................WOW ! :eek: :shock:
I have had the GEM Stainless Blades for about a Year and never tried using them in Single Edge Razor before, as to be honest a year ago I tried an Ever Ready (Cream Plastic Handle version) with a blade, but the blade was a cheap hardware type one, and it just made a mess of my face.

But I thought I had to try it again.............and I’m so pleased I did, the shave was fantastic, no nicks no cuts no redness, just a lovely smooth shave.

The feedback from the Razor was fantastic, you could feel and hear it cutting it's way through the stubble, it didn't leave any patches and no need for any tidy up after three passes.

I also do an ATG pass in my shaves and I was a bit nervous with this Razor but it was fantastic, just take it slow and you are rewarded.

I have no idea how old the Razor is but it will be put in my rotation from now on, I have three others with different styled handles so will try them out too, also time to get me another pack of Stainless Blades if Paul still has them.

Here is the Razor I used, (anyone have any idea to its age ?):

34024913.jpg

7f21f16e.jpg

I don't know how old they are Steve, but you've prompted me to try one. I've a few that I've picked up in lots with DE razors. I picked up some blades from Paul about two months back but haven't been brave enough to try them yet. The ones I have all have the 1912 head design but have different handles, some of them are really ornate. They make the Gilletes look really functional in comparison, but from a lot of what I've read SE are supposed to be very adept at mowing the stubble down.

I also have one, got it from MoodyM, but haven't tried it yet.

True, people say these give great shaves. I know Scorpio uses SEs all the time (and perhaps few others here as well.)

moodymick said:
N_Architect said:
I also have one, got it from MoodyM, but haven't tried it yet.

True, people say these give great shaves. I know Scorpio uses SEs all the time (and perhaps few others here as well.)

What a coincidence, I sold one of these (well 2 in fact), to someone called Konstantinos. Small world eh? :)

I wonder who you sold the other one too........ :cool: :cool:

Used it once and ripped one side of my face, but as I have 98 blades left (I used 1 blade to scrape paint off a window.... :lol: :lol: ), maybe I should give it another go?
Or maybe stick to what i know, i.e. D.E. shaving....... :shock: :shock:

hahaha that was a good one Mick

let me rip my skin off with it first (sorry I meant try to shave for the first time with it) and if I like it I could get the second one (and those blades) off you missingskin, provided of course you're not happy with it

would be nice to have a second one for travel or for back home anyway, though a G-bar looks desirable as well

I have 3 other Ever Ready Razors (metal), i also have a Plastic handled one that i will be putting on the B/S/T Later, and also an Ever Ready E-Bar the UK version of the GEM G-Bar.

I am gonna try all of them now and report back with results, i also found a cheap place for the Stainless Blades in the UK the seller has said they are Stainless (although the Pic doesn't show them , i think it's just a stock photo) but i don't know if these are PTFE Coated as i undertstand it makes a difference ? with the smoothness of the shave ???

http://www.bladesandknivesdirect.co.uk/single-edge-blades-stainless-steel-94-p.asp

I've had my new-old-stock Ever Ready for 20 years. Used it for the first time last month. A great razor, I should have tried it years ago but was too scared it would take my face off. The sound it makes as it shaves is amazing.

I can hardly believe that I first tried an SE about 8 weeks ago when I got a travel Ever Ready in a swap. I probably wont ever stop using DEs in rotation, however I've found that the SE gives me as close a shave , without nicks , as I have had since I pretty much laid my straight open razors aside owing to declining eyesight and increasing age. Glad you took the plunge Steve, I don't know anything about the available blades I'm afraid, however I've got a couple of hundred of the ones Connaught supplies, so if you want some more to try you know my PM.

JohnnyO. :geek:

Had another go with the Eveready that I purchased off Mick today and gave up VERY quickly. Think I will stick to my DE's as unlike my name I do like my skin........ :cool: :cool: .
So I will be putting it and the pack of blades up for sale on here soon !!

When I read the title of this thread the words "cocaine and bestiality" sprung into my head.

I can't work out if that says more about me or Sunbury :D

KRF1963 said:
When I read the title of this thread the words "cocaine and bestiality" sprung into my head.

I can't work out if that says more about me or Sunbury :D
I need something to get mr through the 12hr shifts

And me and "misty" next doors cat, are just friends. Nothing more :oops:

I think that I am going to have to get myself something new (or "new") to play with…

That's the thing with doing something every day (or thereabouts) – you need to mix things up a little. :D

Lipsy

Back
Top Bottom