Travel brush

Ids

I'm after a travel brush that will fit into one of the chrome antique brush/soap stick holders. I'll probabily use it to face lather with a palmolive soap stick.

The two I'm looking at because of the offer on badger and hone is the simpsons wee scot or simpsons case. Any advice. As I'm not sure what I'm looking for other than it fitting in the tube, I currently use an EJ BBB.

The Wee Scot? I love it but it may be far too small for the tube and rattle around and do itself no good at all.

I haven't got, or used, a Case but it would seem to be the best size fit.

The Scot is in Best and the Case is in Pure; this may have a real bearing on your choice.

I have a cracking Boar Vulfix (from Paul) travel brush which comes with a plastic tube - ie you'd have a nice spare if you bought one of those.

I don't know what badger and hone have, I picked up one from here. I think its a simpsons or vulfix

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.trumpers.com/product_detail.cfm?ProductID=111547302" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.trumpers.com/product_detail. ... =111547302</a><!-- m -->

I too have been looking for a shaving brush that will the chrome tubes in a de travel kit. I took my tube down to the Gentlemens shop in Hungerford and they found a brush to fit perfectly that was a Edwin Jagger English Shaving Brush Small Ivory I had the last one but they still have Ebony handle ones in stock.

in the Shaving kits i come across i find the little Culmak Brushes, after a good wash and some lathers to freshen up they are good as gold, not the biggest brushes and not lather monsters, but more that capable of painting the goo round yer gob !

20100324.jpg

sunburyboy93 said:
in the Shaving kits i come across i find the little Culmak Brushes, after a good wash and some lathers to freshen up they are good as gold, not the biggest brushes and not lather monsters, but more that capable of painting the goo round yer gob !

20100324.jpg

Nice open razor there sunburyboy93 does this mean you are giving the DE razors a long rest?

You do see those Culmak brushes on eBay now and again. Other than that the best way would be to take the tube to a shop with brushes and find one you like that fits.

Rarely that is possible so if you measured the internal height and diameter I am sure one of the vendors would have something, or one of the resident brush makes should be able to churn something out to a specific dimension, this would be my preferred route but it comes down to available cash.

Nice idea with the tube, I use the Simpons Major as a travel brush, for a travel brush it is expensive, heavy and big but I love it and would not go on vacation without it.

Big.Dave said:
sunburyboy93 said:

20100324.jpg

Nice open razor there sunburyboy93 does this mean you are giving the DE razors a long rest?

naaa !, not my pic, swiped off google images, i would like to try a Straight, but it would just be more to spend money on, with the whole DE Shaving thing, and my new found obsession with Vintage Pens, if i spend anymore money on "Hobby" pleasures, i feel my Girlfriend may want to detach my testicles in a distinctly unfriendly manner :oops: :oops:

sunburyboy93 said:
naaa !, not my pic, swiped off google images, i would like to try a Straight, but it would just be more to spend money on, with the whole DE Shaving thing, and my new found obsession with Vintage Pens, if i spend anymore money on "Hobby" pleasures, i feel my Girlfriend may want to detach my testicles in a distinctly unfriendly manner :oops: :oops:
And having a straight on hand might make her task that much easier.... :oops: :oops:

FB.

FrenchBlade said:
sunburyboy93 said:
And having a straight on hand might make her task that much easier.... :oops: :oops:

FB.

:eek: :shock: :oops: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom