Top 10 razors for SHAVING with

fozz77 said:
Interesting that the HD falls between the Futur & Vision. The head of the HD is so much smaller depth wise than those two.

Hi fozz,
The Futur is my daily razor and the Vision is my special occasion (i.e take my time and enjoy the shave) razor. The HD comes in the middle because it combines speed and efficiency. My preference is based on the time taken for a shave and head size isn't really a factor. By pushing my hooter out of the way I can get a decent shave out of all of them :)

1= 34c
2= Slim Adjustable (I now have 2 of these as the Fatboy I purchased from the USA turned into a J3 Slim Adjustable on the way over here !!)
3= Fatboy (jury is still out on this one??)
4= 38C
5= Unknown Cut Throat only because it still scares the s**t out of me when I use it ......... :lol:
6= The one I am looking for my birth razor 3rd quarter 1957 british Gillette.........not sure what to look for so need advise on this one please.
And yes I know I am an old git so no sarcastic comments........ :roll:

missingskin said:
1= 34c
2= Slim Adjustable (I now have 2 of these as the Fatboy I purchased from the USA turned into a J3 Slim Adjustable on the way over here !!)
3= Fatboy (jury is still out on this one??)
4= 38C
5= Unknown Cut Throat only because it still scares the s**t out of me when I use it ......... :lol:
6= The one I am looking for my birth razor 3rd quarter 1957 british Gillette.........not sure what to look for so need advise on this one please.
And yes I know I am an old git so no sarcastic comments........ :roll:

for your Birth Year Razor you would need to be looking at a C3 dated razor so it would be a : Tech , Toggle, Flair Tip SS, or a Fatboy, the only other razor produced was a 195 Botom Dial Adjustable but i think they were very rare and not known if they went on general sale or just as a prototype...

hunnymonster said:
I thought Fatboys came in 1959/60... either way the man was looking for a British one and they don't have date codes on (at least not before about 1972/3), unless you're lucky like me to find one wrapped up in a period newspaper and/or with the original receipt.

After I wrote the list it suddenly dawned on me that we did not date our Gillettes until much later........DUH. But I think I would like to try a Rocket as they seem to get a good write up and I would just have to pretend it was from 1957........ :cool: .........unless someone has one wrapped in a 1957 newspaper as Hunnymonster says....... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ooops :oops: might help if i read things before i post, totally correct the fatboy was produced from early 1958 until the end of 1961
yeah it's kind of a bummer trying to date a British one before the seventies, i am always looking for a 1975 "V3" Black Handled superspeed for mine always seem to find Eighties razors though.....

sunburyboy93 said:
ooops :oops: might help if i read things before i post, totally correct the fatboy was produced from early 1958 until the end of 1961
yeah it's kind of a bummer trying to date a British one before the seventies, i am always looking for a 1975 "V3" Black Handled superspeed for mine always seem to find Eighties razors though.....

If you find a 1980 3rd Quarter, let me know mate. (A3 i think). Always on the lookout for the birth year razor.

Cheers,

AJP said:
sunburyboy93 said:

If you find a 1980 3rd Quarter, let me know mate. (A3 i think). Always on the lookout for the birth year razor.

Cheers,

no probs matey, will add you to my ever growing "look out for" list ! ;) :lol:

sunburyboy93 said:

I'll have to have a closer look at the BNIP SlimTwist I have... because that was bought in August 1976 so not beyond the realms of possibility that it was made in 1975 :ugeek:

if it is me old mate..then i will build a shrine in my house in your honour !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

if it is then i have an excellent condition Slim (boxed) perhaps we could do a swap (of course there would be extras for you ;))

Back
Top Bottom