too good to be true

I dont know pounds to USD ratio but eitherway...the earlier the date-code the more desirable..1964 is wayy cheaper than pre WWII era..plus is the handle red/blue/silver?...I am sure Gillette stopped doing the colors after some years anyways..so who knows how it compares..just a thought!

Blades

Blades said:
I dont know pounds to USD ratio but eitherway...the earlier the date-code the more desirable..1964 is wayy cheaper than pre WWII era..plus is the handle red/blue/silver?...I am sure Gillette stopped doing the colors after some years anyways..so who knows how it compares..just a thought!

Blades

The fact of the matter is that the seller sold this item to me and then refunded the money saying he cocked up,that's unacceptable,we as buyers and sellers are responsible,we enter a contract and this chap breached it

He wasn't happy with what it went for, I'd email him and ask for him to honour the agreement or your going to report him to eBay for breach of contract.

The seller did a "Claire" (Jhclaire) by cancelling and refunding you for auction you won, you complain, seller lists again but this time BIN so you can purchase again as some sort of compensation? Is that how it went?

I think the seller genuinely made a mistake in pricing the razor at £5 BIN. There's no way a seller who knows what the razor is, taking those sort of pictures and providing that sort of information would then price it at £5. He probably meant to put it up for £50 BIN. It sucks for you because you thought you were getting a steal, but you must have known it was a bit too good to be true.

Should the seller have still honoured the sale? Well seeing as he doesn't appear to be a merchant and it appears to be a genuine mistake, I don't think he should be obliged to.

The seller is responsible for his own listing, period.

If you complain to ebay they do take this sort of thing seriously, they cannot force the seller to honour the contract, especially after he has refunded, but they will issue a warning to him that he is in breech of the selling policies. If he continues to do that he will be excluded from the ebay community.

The seller has 500+ feedback, and therefore cannot argue he is a newbie and didn't understand. You should be able to still leave him negative if you wish, although that won't bring the item back to you either.

I would contact him and explain that you are going to make an official complaint as well as leaving him negative feedback as a warning to other potential customers that he may not honour the listing, give him say, 10 days to make good. You will have a further 20 days after that to instigate a complaint if you wish.

Hope this helps a bit.

I can see both sides of this.
Had it been a genuine mistake (as im sure this is) on something bigger then he might have a case for refunding with big apologies - and lets face it it would be obvious a cock up was made..
However on a small item like this, where prices can be as little as £5 (but you hoped for a bit more) you just have to man up, take the mistake on the chin and learn not do it next time.

Professor Blighty said:
The seller has 500+ feedback, and therefore cannot argue he is a newbie and didn't understand. You should be able to still leave him negative if you wish, although that won't bring the item back to you either.

I would contact him and explain that you are going to make an official complaint as well as leaving him negative feedback as a warning to other potential customers that he may not honour the listing, give him say, 10 days to make good. You will have a further 20 days after that to instigate a complaint if you wish.

Prof, the seller has 240 feedback (54 as seller) and hasn't sold anything for over 14 months. It was obviously a mistake in the listing, so to go complaining to ebay is incredibly harsh.

The seller probably didn't even have time to realise his mistake before James pounced on it 18 minutes after it was listed. I wouldn't be happy to take a £30-40 hit on a razor I was selling for putting a figure in the wrong box and so I can see why this seller isn't either.

I understand the situation but you learn from your mistakes. He entered into a contract with James, whether it was an error or not doesn't matter he made an offer which James took up.

If you make a mistake like that its basically tough luck and you'll learn to be more careful next time. You can't just back pedal, its breach of contract.

I agree with Yellow Jim's reasoning.

At least the seller admitted his mistake and didn't make up some excuse along the lines of "I've mislaid the item"

However if I was the seller I would honour the deal. It's his mistake.

Urban Hermit said:
That's so true. You should re-send him his money and file a complaint with eBay!

• The abstrad shouldn't get away with that sort of behaviour!!
      • Simply unacceptable!!![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

• This matter is been reported to ebay,just waiting for them to write back to me mate.

Ids said:
He wasn't happy with what it went for, I'd email him and ask for him to honour the agreement or your going to report him to eBay for breach of contract.

He said his buy it now price was ment to be £50,he appologized and said he'll relist it with a 99p start,that's just not good enough,reported him to ebay and left a lovely negative

Back
Top Bottom