TOBS Soap Stick Help Please :)

Hi All,

Whilst in London recently I bought the TOBS Sandlewood soap stick. Tried using it today and got very poor results. The razor (gillette new open comb) was just jumping over the face, and offering very little protection. The blade was just jumping and roughly tugging all the hairs (only two day growth and 2nd use blade, so neither of those should be the problem). I worked the soap into my face in the same way I would with Arko or Palmolive sticks, and then lathered it up for a good amount of time with my 620 boar, and the lather looked as standard, but had just very poor performance. In the end I abandoned the tobs and finished the shave off with some Cella, with which I had no problems.

So I was wondering if anybody had any advice dealing with this soap, as I really like the scent and shave sticks in general and would love to be able to get this one right!

Ben

Sounds strange Ben, I have the Sandalwood range in a shave stick, soap puck and cream and without any issue. Send them an email they will most likely send you another for free to compare.

Never use shaving sticks...Never found one that was ever good...o_O

Billy

La Toja was a nice scent and good lather.

One thing I would say is that I always used to face lather with the stick and would be a little less enjoyable at times due to the hard pressing of the soap on stubble.

I like the idea of them and would opt for them over a tube of cream for holidays and the like but probably not every day?

La Toja was a nice scent and good lather.

One thing I would say is that I always used to face lather with the stick and would be a little less enjoyable at times due to the hard pressing of the soap on stubble.

+1 on the La Toja stick, I had this in rotation for the last couple of weeks. Tabac, Speick & Palmolive are all a bit softer and work well rubbed into beard.

Mystic Waters is probably the best soap stick available IMO, the lather it creates is exceptional. If you've tried lathering the soap (takes some time) the sticks (ask Michelle specifically for these) are a lot easier. Only issue is the cost with custom charges. She also has a few new scents out.

Also agree with Mick in that the above are great performers.

Back
Top Bottom