TOBS Jermyn Street Collection Cream

Just bought some, Cyril Salter Wild Rose Cream and some TOBS Jermyn Street Collection Cream from
badgerandhone.com

I know the Salter stuff is good as i did a trade with "sj184" for some, but has anyone any experience of the
TOBS one ?

I gets good reviews from what i can find out, but is the sent nice ??

Thanks
Steve

Fido said:
TOBS creams are just about the best value for money quality creams on the market. Their buying power enables them to keep prices relatively low.

Well Badger and Hone are able to sell it for £7.00 with free delivery, i think that is excellent Value for money :D :shave

Fido said:
TOBS creams are just about the best value for money quality creams on the market. Their buying power enables them to keep prices relatively low.

What about Palmolive at £1 per tube or the soap stick at 48p. ToObs - and obviously a host of others - cannot compete with those price levels so they need to cultivate an image, an illusion of olde worlde Victorian/Edwardian gentlemen and shaving parlours. If Palmolive can manufacture, market and realise a profit then what are the "higher end" names doing.

Buying power (or economies of scale) are only part of the mix. The important aspect is the target market and the research done as to what price the market will bear without becoming a negative factor. Marketing is all about persuading people to purchase a product that they do not actually need - they must be made to want it. I am as guilty as anyone in this need but I am realistic about the cost/value ratio of product price...and I lurve Mr Taylor shaving cream, whatever the cost.

TGIF
;)

Blyth Spirit said:
Fido said:

they need to cultivate an image, an illusion of olde worlde Victorian/Edwardian gentlemen and shaving parlours.)

olde worlde Victorian/Edwardian gentlemen and shaving parlours :D :D :D

Love It !!

j-20796.jpg

Well, dependant of course on exactly what your pleasure is .......................................

I also hope that you realise that you have now blown your chances of ever becoming a TSR Steward BIGTIME !

JohnnyO.

JohnnyO said:
Well, dependant of course on exactly what your pleasure is .......................................

I also hope that you realise that you have now blown your chances of ever becoming a TSR Steward BIGTIME !

JohnnyO.

That's ok, i am being seduced by the darkside of badger & Blade :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: they promised to give me a sherriffs badge if i tell em
all the goings on over here !

deputy-dawg.jpg

sunburyboy93 said:
Just bought some, Cyril Salter Wild Rose Cream and some TOBS Jermyn Street Collection Cream from
badgerandhone.com

I know the Salter stuff is good as i did a trade with "sj184" for some, but has anyone any experience of the
TOBS one ?

Thanks
Steve

you could take the lid off and have a sniff you know ;)

moodymick said:
sunburyboy93 said:
badgerandhone.com

TOBS one ?

Thanks
Steve

you could take the lid off and have a sniff you know ;)

:lol: yeah.........cheers mate :lol:

Well i used this Cream last night, in conjunction with the EJ DE98L and a Jewell Blade, and found the shave not to be that great, it felt like it was dragging, and a bit of irritation.

Don't know if it was the Cream or not, i used the same amount of cream that i use with TOBS Rose, and the Salter Rose & Palmo Cream, does anyone else that uses this cream find that you need more than normal to make a good lather ?

it felt alright going on ??? :?

Perhaps cos it was a hot night my skin just wasn't ready for the shave....

Steve

sunburyboy93 said:
Well i used this Cream last night, in conjunction with the EJ DE98L and a Jewell Blade, and found the shave not to be that great, it felt like it was dragging, and a bit of irritation.

... it might be the blade - I have had that draggy sensation from a couple of Jewel shaves.

Urban Hermit said:
sunburyboy93 said:

... it might be the blade - I have had that draggy sensation from a couple of Jewel shaves.

Weird, i used a blade from the same pack with (of all Razors) the Krona :D , and Palmolive Cream and had a perfect shave.....mmmmmm

Gonna try the EJ and Jewell tonight, but i'm gonna use Palmo Soap and see what Happens.

Steve

Urban Hermit said:
sunburyboy93 said:

I'll need new lungs if it turns out that the Jewel blades don't suit sunburyboy93 after the number of them he got in :lol:

hunnymonster said:
Urban Hermit said:
sunburyboy93 said:

I'll need new lungs if it turns out that the Jewel blades don't suit sunburyboy93 after the number of them he got in :lol:

"MY NEW STOCK OF JEWELL BLADES.............NOT SUIT ME ?????? :shock: :eek: ...............WATCHOO TALKIN ABOUT ?????" :lol: :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k[/youtube]

i used 3 blades from 1 pack, 1 with a Fatboy Great Shave, 1 with the Krona Great Shave (both with Palmo Cream) then use the EJ and TOBS Cream and got a slighlty irritated shave, and pulling......i reckon the Cream doesn't suit me, i found it dried my skin right out....?

Gonna try the EJ and Jewell tonight, but i'm gonna use Palmo Soap and see what Happens.

pmsl :lol:

Back
Top Bottom