TOBS aftershave thoughts?

I've had the Sandalwood a couple of weeks now and I like it. The scent is 'ok', but I don't find the alcohol and fragrance too much, it works just right for me and my skin type. I'd certainly buy more TOBS aftershaves in due course, but I'd need some samples to give me an idea as the names aren't very descriptive of the smells!

Got an Original, no 74. Nice bottle, nice smell and nice enough AS (decent but not stellar AS function). I would say. Was going for the Lime, but it didn´t work out (someting wrong with the site when I made the order, apperently fixed now though).

joe mcclaine said:
I use #74 Original (the green one).

A very unique scent. Smells like lipstick and ladies' compacts.

Yeah, yeah, whatever Bud.

I have seen the #74 Original scent described as smelling like the "inside of an old lady's handbag", so your description seems to match that.

I think it was on Basenotes, so I took it with a large pinch of salt, but now that you have described it like that, the Basenotes description carries more credibility.

Ian

Just to finalise this thread a little, I've had the TOBS Sandalwood AS for a couple of weeks now and can report the following:

I was under pressure to buy it before the B&H 15% deal ran out, and I also wanted to know what "Sandalwood" actually smells like :lol: As has been mentioned it's quite a 'harsh' AS, it suits me fine after a good shave, but I would find it a bit much if I'd had a less successful shave. There don't feel to be any soothing or calming qualities to it, it's not as flexible a product as something like Ogallala which I can use after every and any shave. I like the smell though, very different to my other AS's and seems to last quite well.

I'm glad I've bought it, but unlike my Ogallala or my Old Spice Lime it isn't one I'd buy again, I would however be tempted to try other TOBS AS products.

I wish I could remember what Vinnie wrote before we went on an editing spree! :lol:

quattrojames said:
I would however be tempted to try other TOBS AS products.

I'm wondering about another purchase with the 15% off deal. Down to Mr Taylors, No. 74 Lime or Victorian or Shaving Shop.

quattrojames said:
I wish I could remember what Vinnie wrote before we went on an editing spree! :lol:

quattrojames said:
I would however be tempted to try other TOBS AS products.

I'm wondering about another purchase with the 15% off deal. Down to Mr Taylors, No. 74 Lime or Victorian or Shaving Shop.

Look at my post - I quoted him.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom