TOBS aftershave thoughts?

As Badger & Hone are running their generous offer this week I thought I'd perhaps give one of these a try.

I've (probably) narrowed it down to between Shaving Shop and Sandalwood - having read mediocre reports on Eton College, Mr Taylors and St James. Does any one have any thoughts and experiences on TOBS aftershaves they'd like to share?

Hmmm... last time I looked they were just alcohol with fragrance added. No skin goodies like castor oil, glycerin, witch hazel... etc.

If it's just fragrance you're after then get the colognes, otherwise there are better splashes, in my humble opinion.

jhclare said:
Hmmm... last time I looked they were just alcohol with fragrance added. No skin goodies like castor oil, glycerin, witch hazel... etc.

If it's just fragrance you're after then get the colognes, otherwise there are better splashes, in my humble opinion.

15 min to late :cry: Went for the AS Lime.

i was pretty dissapointed with the samples i had

Mr T's, Shaving Shop & Eton

Shaving Shop was the only scent i liked, but it was an average scent at best,
performance-wise you'd get better skincare from Superdrugs own

i'd smell before you bought if you could

Thanks for the input guys, sounds like it's probably best to shelve that idea for now then!

* trundles off to browse the B&H page for something else.... *

im using the st james cologne just now (and occasionally the aftershave splash) and i quite like it. But the smell doesnt hang around all that long.

You can tell that its mostly just an alcohol with fragrance though, because when i compare this to floid, or my Gucci Envy aftershave, they both feel oily in the hand. You can tell theres more going on in there than just the alcohol. The gucci one is actually quite a nice aftershave, if you like that sort of thing. Sadly i'm just not an aftershave user, so these end up getting used as glorified colognes

I have the sandalwood cologne, and it's pretty good. I have read that the aftershave is also pretty good, with excellent longevity. You'll like. :D

Lipsy

I have sandalwood and St James, and like them both, especially the latter. The sandalwood scent was a little disappointing considering how much I like the cream, but the St James is very pleasant; both have quite a kick to them for the reasons rehearsed above. Not a problem for me, but I can see why others may prefer something with more concessions to skin care.

Back
Top Bottom