Time to Own Up

Ok, OK! I'll register. Jeez!

I've been using the forum for a few weeks, checking out the latest posts and scanning the vendor offers. Then the forum operation changed so that guests couldn't use those functions. Humpph!

I was given an electric shaver when I started shaving but only used it briefly. Not really wanting a beard, I looked on shaving for the rest of my life as a chore. Since medical science let me down by not producing a pill I could pop to never have to shave again, my only other option was to change attitude and try to enjoy it. I stole a British-made aluminium-handled tech from my Dad's travel kit. Several decades later I'm still using it for the daily ritual.

Anyway, before Christmas I thought I'd look our for some bargains and maybe upgrade my kit. I was using a plastic-coated piece of wire that I'd bent into a brush stand, a Wilko's 89p brush, and a 500ml jar of E45 lotion as aftershave balm. So I found this forum and kept an eye on the vendors' sites.

Success:

• Sticking with the Gillette aluminium-handled British tech. It has "V" and "1" stamped on it (1950?)[/*]
  • Staying with Derby blades[/*]
  • Using a Palmolive shave stick[/*]
  • Quiksilver ASB (£3.99 delivered - Cheapsmells sale) [/*]
  • Truefitt & Hill super badger travel brush (half price Nkdman sale)[/*]
  • Chrome stand from a "Gentlemens Shaving Set" (£3.99 delivered from eBay)[/*]
  • French breakfast cup as a soap bowl (unwanted gift my wife received)[/list:u]

My only shaving "project" is to take my time sourcing a shaving mirror and scuttle - in the summer I rather fancy having a few shaves sitting outside at the table on the patio.

Oh, and kudos to Mantic59 for all those videos - must have watched a dozen so far.

Hello and welcome, what a nice appoach you have. You use a breakfast mug, I shelled out too much quids for a shaving specific bowl from a Sheffield manufacturer whose name rhymes with Jedwin Bagger. Who's the mug now? :lol:

Enjoy.

Thanks for the welcome.

I am fully aware of RAD :shock: :shock: thanks to some of the threads here. My credit cards are kept well away from the laptop in an effort to stem impulse buying.

Back
Top Bottom