Tim Horton's

I find their coffee average*. Their doughnuts are fresh, but pretty much all taste the same. Their lunchtime soup and sandwiches are good. So why are they so popular in Canada? They all have double lane drive-throughs. You don't have to get out of your nice warm car to get a coffee and a fat-ball. No small thing when it's -35C outside. Inside they're generally clean, staff are courteous, and washrooms are clean. They're worth a try.
In Canada, they're everywhere. During my last road trip (Thunder Bay to Toronto, 1500km each way and still in Ontario) we often stopped at a Tim's knowing there would be clean rest rooms and fresh coffee.

*the time the pot was brewed is written on each pot. If the pot isn't emptied in a certain number of minutes, it's discarded. I have never had a stale cup of coffee from a Timmy Ho's.

Why not? Its origins are Canadian, Tim Horton was a Canadian professional ice hockey player killed in a car accident. I don’t know what the menu comprises in the UK, but here in Canada I like the chili and steeped tea. Years ago their signature doughnut, and my favourite, was the Dutchie (y?), but was dumped inexplicably. in Canada they are/were renowned for their coffee, but I don’t like it, preferring Starbucks bold roast. I don’t frequent fast food vendors, but when I have to it’s Timmies.

Back
Top Bottom