Thoughts about SV Beta 4.0 VS 4.3...

Nav

posted this on another SV thread but I feel it warrants its own discussion...

I'm really not a fan of the beta 4.3 lather. To me, the lather feels synthetic, kind of a thicker version of what is generated from a syndet bar (I.e. Dove bar type lather).

I sold all my SV soaps due to this reason, except two pucks of Dolomiti in Beta 4.0.
The 4.0 lather feels like real soap lather rather than "syndet" lather feel, although it still contains the syndet ingredient "SCI".
But I presume it's a lot less than beta 4.3.

I'm very happy to have these two pucks knowing I'll likely never have them again.
One is the normal 4.0 and the other is the LE dark black puck.

I know there's tons of SV fans so I expect to see that bias here but I'm very keen to hear if anyone else also prefers 4.0, or dislikes 4.3.

I've tried 4.1 few years back and although it was great performer it was hard to get decent lather. I've tried 4.3 formula recently and it is much easier to make lather with it with pretty much same performance.

Reactions: Nav
I sold all my SV soaps due to this reason, except two pucks of Dolomiti in Beta 4.0.
The core of the formulation is the same.

ischiapp http://www.ilrasoio.com/viewtopic.php?p=395584#p395584
The supporting base is always the same in its polyhedral effectiveness that allows semi-hard and even hard soaps:
• Structure (Sodium Cocoate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Rapeseedate, Sodium Sunflower Seedate, Aqua/Water/Eau, Parfum/Fragrance)
• Nutrition (Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil)
• Smoothness (Glycerin, Oryza Sativa Starch, Sucrose Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Stearic Acid)

RUFuhdf.jpg

CbwuUxR.jpg

The core of the formulation is the same.

Thanks.
I can see they've added ingredients in 4.3 which would add to the type of lather I dislike.
Giving it a feel of a syndet bar.
The 4.3 honestly feels like dove soap to me, albeit, stabilized/thickened by the stearic acid.

I can see they've added ingredients in 4.3 which would add to the type of lather I dislike.
As you can read (translated in English by Google), It'd be the waxes.
Actually, the soap base is the same.

EDIT
In each model, the balance is different.
Here my old post. (2020)
http://www.ilrasoio.com/viewtopic.php?p=357866#p357866
  • Beta 4.0
    No Waxes .................... Dolomiti
  • Beta 4.1
    No Waxes .................... Settantesimo Anniversario, Tundra Artica
  • Beta 4.2
    Cera Carnauba + Cera Alba ... Cosmo, Stella Alpina
  • Beta 4.3
    Cera Carnauba ............... Cubebe, Desert Vetiver
    Cera Carnauba + Cera Alba ... Felce Aromatica, Manna di Sicilia, Mirto di Sardegna, Opuntia

Last edited:
My only SV is Dolomiti in 4.3 so I can't comment on the earlier base. I've never had any complaint about it, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't also prefer 4.0. I presume it's unobtainable now, though?

Yup, the 4.0 is no longer made.

To me, the lather feels like real soap lather.
The 4.3 to me feels like syndet lather.

That's not to say it doesn't perform well, because it does...But I don't like the feel of it.

Update of the new models, in the light of the current situation related to the reformulation process to Beta 4.3:
  • Cera Carnauba (Copernica Cerifera)
    • Settantesimo Anniversario
    • Mirto di Sardegna
    • Morado
    • Cosmo
    • Tundra Artica
    • Dolomiti
    • Desert Vetiver
    • Cubebe
  • Cera Carnauba + Cera Alba
    • Felce Aromatica
    • Manna di Sicilia
    • Opuntia

It still remain Stella Alpina in Beta 4.2 formula.

@Nav
Cera Carnauba produces a strong film.
Nomally, It's a good thing for the skin.
It works very well also for the secondary lubrification.
https://incibeauty.com/en/ingredients/5351-copernicia-cerifera-cera

Back
Top Bottom