Theres not such thing like La Toja with tallow.

Gentlemen:
I have been receiving a lot of private messages asking me where to find a La Toja with tallow.Well,Im sorry to say,but there is not such thing like La Toja with tallow.I even thought myself that vintage La Toja shaving stick had tallow (that soap its yellow while the actual one has a white color) since its lather its so similar to other vintage soaps like Old Spice,Gibbs N53 or even Yardley but for what I know after a investigation and some research,La Toja always had a veggie formulation.The difference with the actual formulation is that the old one only had like 6 or 7 ingredients (I have that info somewhere,so as soon as I find it Ill post its ingredients).
So what yore looking for is La Toja vintage soap,not La Toja tallow soap.
These soaps are also really hard to find in Spain,so Im sorry to say that many are taken by the spanish La Toja lovers,since its a superb soap.
Hope that this post helps to clarify this and good luck in your quest finding a La Toja vintage soap.

I hope that you don't mind me taking the liberty to post a link to your very own excellent Spanishh sgaving stick compendium Teiste.

It is a very useful source and I am on the lookout for a little Spanish shop with a stock of the old formula :D

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14024">http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14024</a><!-- m -->

crackstar said:
I would have sworn La Toja had tallow!
For what I known,no,the old formulation was a veggie one too,kind of Martin de Candre style,with only a few ingredients on it.

Hey Teiste

I remember you sent me the old formula a couple of years ago when we crossed sticks. :lol:
The old formula was fantastic but the new is not far off, it's a great soap for anyone reading who hasn't tried it. Grab a stick if you get the chance. :cool:

Ok,forget all that rubbish that I wrote ...theres such thing like La Toja with tallow:

428d4eb6.jpg

So it used to be made with tallow,like the good old soaps like Old Spice,Yardley and so on.

It's got the Shwarzkopf-Henkel name on it, so the oldest it could be is 1995 (when the companies merged). La Toja was bought by Henkel a few years before that (a Henkel-only barcode would thus date the product to 1992-95).

I'm actually contemplating a visit to La Toja (the town) in August, to see if I can track down a cheap seconds/outlet store. It's only an hour and a half's drive from where I spend my summer...

Back
Top Bottom