The World Cup

Our local pub has so many flags and banners on it, its hard to find the door, its a wonder the local council have'nt demanded they be removed.

Oh have i mentioned.....

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Smell The Glove said:
Fabio Capello names the five penalty takers he's confident will score in the German match.

Lukas Podolski

Miroslav Klose

Philipp Lahm

Mesut Ozil

Bastian Schweinsteiger

:lol:

yeah, There is no way England are gonna beat this German side STG. ..Shame, but there you go!! :(

Halfmast.jpg

I know it doesn't alter the result but holy shit that 2nd from England was well in. I wish it had been given because now certain England supporters will be using that as the reason they went out.

Realistically though Germany, today, were the better team.

andyjreid said:
I know it doesn't alter the result but holy shit that 2nd from England was well in. I wish it had been given because now certain England supporters will be using that as the reason they went out.

Realistically though Germany, today, were the better team.

Not this England fan.

We were well and truly hammered and, given our performance in the three games beforehand, deserved everything we got.

Not. Good. Enough.

The Irish lad up front, Rooney, couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

joe mcclaine said:
The Irish lad up front, Rooney, couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Yea so much for the great hope of british football eh?

What was it they said about Rooney "In August he'll be firing them in the back of the net again and again for Man Utd"

I think the myths have been put around by the press, the supporters deep down have known England are not World beaters. Rooney is a good player but World class i'm not so sure.

Sure but who ever thought that England would have a realistic chance after their last 3 performances? Who?

Blinkered supporters that suckle on the media's teat are just as complicit because they don't want to believe their own eyes. Capello will be made to fall on his sword if they can afford to pay him off.

I knew we were heading for a drubbing after the first game tbh.
I might get lynched for saying it but i was hoping for a loss against Slovenia .. Because it might just have forced the English set up to re-evaluate.
Nope - we score 1 scrappy goal and just about survive against a team who (allegedly) are out of our league..... and suddenly - Deus ex Machina - England are serious contenders to beat the best in the world again.

Frankly i watched the Argentina game today and i consider us crashing out in the round of 16 a let off - becuase i hate to think what the score line would be against a side like that.

I now just hope that the blame is positioned squarely on the players and Mr 4-4-2 and not blamed on the Ref and the disallowed goal.
We need some root and branch changes to get out of this mass delusion we are having -
We are World second division, no more. We need to come to our senses and improve - not to continue sitting back and hoping our 'stars' will finally shine.

Im just glad that today England proved there are some sports we aren't to bad at (anymore) - Cricket - Series win over Australia 3-0 with 2 to play.
Will that make more than a passing mention in the media?

Will it fuck.

Back
Top Bottom