The Slim adjustable and 007

Slight change of tack, what razor should the current 007 be using now?

A Futur? Too German. Surely not a WS Hydro glide eh Vinny?

Since he dry swallows his Phensics when he's got a hangover rather than ask his secretary for a glass of water, is patriotic to a fault and seems to go for fairly traditional quality good such as Bentley & Rolex in the original Fleming creation possibly a traditional three piece which has the advances in head engineering brought about by European design ; yet is supplied by a longstanding British company. Maybe a Trumper's three piece ?

JohnnyO. :?

Modern trends suggest he would have Fusion razor with a fancy handle but I personally would hope he would have a DE, probably similar to the Merkur travel ones that assemble from a tiny package, it would seem more "gadgety" that way.

henkverhaar said:
I seem to remember that one of the latest installments (I think one with Brosnan) actually featured a Philishave (Philips being a sponsor...)

Yup, that's what it'll come down to; Product Placement.

Whoever bids the highest gets their gear in the film.

I reckon Q dept would come up with a Fusion that had a handle with a built in dart gun.

Antdad - the PILS does look like it could also transform into something else!

Ian

He'd have whatever it took to get the job done as quickly as possible.

He seemed to be a practical man - not a bit like today's metro sexual male.

He never wears aftershave or cologne - which suggests he didn't view his ablutions as being worthy of much poncing about - so his shaving routine would be gel and latest cartridge system.

Warm bath, cold shower, shave, brush teeth, sharp mouthwash, comb hair - job's a good 'un.

& yet he was discerning enough even in those far off bygone days to search out & use Pinaud Elixir, described as "that Prince of shampoos", when he wished to shampoo his hair. Wee touch of an incipient metro man I suspect.

JohnnyO. ;)

JohnnyO said:
& yet he was discerning enough even in those far off bygone days to search out & use Pinaud Elixir, described as "that Prince of shampoos", when he wished to shampoo his hair. Wee touch of an incipient metro man I suspect.

JohnnyO. ;)

Quite so, JohnnyO! I figure, while he might not use a separate moisturiser, he'd be using products with it as an intrinsic component.

I think he'd probably go for a Edwin Jagger, with a 'barley'/knurled metal handle. British-made, simple design that has form, function as well as classic lines, look and such.

Spookily enough, I thought of the EJ after I'd posted previously U/Hermit. I do believe you could well be on a (fictional) winner with that one ! & I imagine that it's quite possible that the fictional Bond of Mr. Fleming's literature and the cinematic version(s) would have developed in very different directions. I don't, for instnce, recall many cunning devices featuring very heavily in the Bond armoury of Fleming's books, whilst I can easily imagine cinematic Bond having a razor which performed as many (& more lethal) functions as the proverbial Swiss Army Knife.

JohnnyO. :cool: /

Thanks making the distinction JohnnyO.

Vinny managed to create a Bond in his own self image. ;) but he was still a bon viveur, appreciated fine suits, wine,women and watches so separating Flemming Bond from Broccoli Bond I see no reason why he wouldn't opt for all things Trumper's. I know he used a can of goo in Goldfinger but that was for cinematic effect as was the Slim.

I'll go with the Jagger for the TSR Bond, good choice.

Back
Top Bottom